Saturday 19 March 2022

Solidarity Sunflowers for Ukraine


Edited : The kids raised €2300 from ticket sales and the bake sale and all my cards sold!


Some extremely talented young friends of mine are organising a concert for Ukraine tomorrow with a bake sale afterwards.  I can't bake but I can make cards and set about adapting this design from last week (replacing the bee with a peace dove) and made up as many as I had materials available.   I hope all 14 sell tomorrow!

Here's a closeup of the dove - it's the smallest from a very old sizzix framelits set - stacked 3 times and given the glossy accents and glitter treatment!  The greenery was trimmed down from a Verve Sprightly Sprigs set


And here's a short video of the dove in flight - I find these spinner cards mesmerising!


All the cards are packed up ready for sale tomorrow!


I'm entering the following challenges (the link is in the title under the images)

Grab the Badge
Papercraft Challenges #80 - Interactive Card

Grab Our Badge!
Shopping Our Stash #466 - Spread Your Wings

Four Seasons March Spring Challenge - Inspired by bottom left image 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Using My Favourite Things!

HLS Anything Goes With Dies March Challenge


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here and check out what you’ve been up to so we can get better acquainted!

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous collection of cards, beautiful..and a wonderful cause..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards and I do hope they sold out, please update us. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Four Seasons Challege.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done ... beautiful cards and for such a good cause! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that I have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and for a very good cause I'm sure you will sell all of them.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful set! I do hope they bring in gobs of money for Ukraine. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Die challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, the spinning dove is so unique! Thanks for joining us at Four Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and for such a worthy cause! The dove is a wonderful touch for this interactive card. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to do what you love for the bakesale!! I love the peace dove spinner...ingenious! Thanks for shopping your stash and playing along with our "spread you wings" challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful group of cards! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for joining us at Papercraft with this cute interactive card.
    Many greetings, Silke

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!