Sunday 13 March 2022

Twofer Cupcake and Ice Cream


I am holding a card workshop in just over 2 months and I wanted to cover shaker cards.  Normally I would just create a window panel on the front, foam tape on the back etc., BUT I bought a die a few several months ago which meant making shaker cards a little differently!  It's not a fancy brand, I found it at the local Action store - a Dutch chain store which sells loads of things cheaply but I spend most of my time (and money) in the craft section!  It's a little simplistic but cleverly designed to create either a cupcake, an ice cream or a cloud!  

I cut 4 of the "frames" from pink card stock plus the solid die from acetate and stacked these up (one above the acetate window pane and 3 below) - this card stock is pretty thick so that was enough.  Filled it from the back and added a solid die cut from patterned paper to close off the element and voila!  

I then chose to make up a cupcake card.  I added a scalloped border cut from striped paper to the top so it resembles a shop awning.  I stamped the word Cupcakes (Verve) - I should really have embossed it so it was a little more noticeable (and will when I make it up for the card workshop)!  I made a counter top from the same striped DP, added a doily and finished off the cupcake with a birthday candle!  That Cupcake embossing folder was a freebie from a magazine but I'm rather hazy on that as I didn't keep the packaging!

After cutting 4 frames I had 4 inner die cuts left over so I decided to layer these up and create a scoop of Strawberry Sorbet atop the cone die which came with the set.  The embossing folder is from Cuttlebug. After fiddling with various sentiments, I decided to just go with the word "Sweet"!  

 

I'm entering my cards in the Make My Monday Challenge #169 - Food and Drink which closes in a few hours so I had better get my skates on!

I'd also like to enter Just Us Girls Challenge #623 - both cards use embossing folders

Since this die is NBUS, I'd also like to enter NUS Challenge #36 and thank Darnell and the team for encouraging us to actually use the stash we buy!

I'd also like to enter Papercraft Challenges Challenge  #79 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here and check out what you’ve been up to so we can get better acquainted!

Kate

2 comments:

  1. the sorbet is such a great use of the scraps, both cards are lovely! thanks for sharing them with us on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab twofer! Lol!
    Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!