Saturday 5 March 2022

Solidarity Sunflowers


 I'm in the process of creating guide sheets for an upcoming card making workshop and needed to make up a penny spinner card and photograph the necessary steps.  I thought I'd dedicate the resulting card to the brave men and women of the Ukraine and made it up in the national colours of the Ukraine flag and included sunflowers which are Ukraine's national flower.  Obviously I needed some green but was reluctant to use any other colour than blue or yellow (and black and white of course) so cut the grass and stems from yellow vellum knowing they would appear green against the blue background panel.

I'm entering the following challenges (the link is in the title under the images)



ModSquad Challenge
Modsquad Challenge - Standing with Ukraine

Alphabet Challenge Blog
Alphabet Challenge - X is for Xanthic (yellowish)

Little Red Wagon - Let it Be (B is for bee)

Our blog badge
Cards 4 Galz Challenge # 167 - Things with Wings

Das große Krabbeln
The movie for Traumfabrik Challenge #101 is A Bugs Life

I almost forgot that I used a new  die to cut the clouds in this project(it cuts 6 clouds and they're all a little different) so I'm entering NBUS Challenge #36 as well!

I would also like to enter the current As You Like it Challenge - Favourite Interactive.  This is definitely my favourite type of interactive card to make (and play with) and here's a little video to show you why!



Apologies if I have exceeded any limits on challenge entries, I want the internet flooded with blue and yellow cards!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here and check out what you’ve been up to so we can get better acquainted!
Kate

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and such an lovely design to support the people of Ukraine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Kate, love the slider Bee and the sunflowers, cute and fun card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful elements and layout,love the bee slider,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cheery make and thank you for sharing with us at NBUS this month

    Kathyk
    Guest DT member for March

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! Love the slider and the sweet clouds! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues for our Special Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness!! This is so fun and such a clever design!!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! Love the sunflowers!
    Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab card. Love the bee. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE making penny spinner cards, they are always a hit. And so easy to do. This is such a thoughtful card, I love everything about it. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Mod Squad. Hope to see you again soon!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, wonderful sentiment to share for Ukraine. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever idea to use the coloured velum. I think this is beautiful tribute to the Ukraine. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!