Tuesday 30 April 2024

Festive Trees

 

Challenge #162 has just gone live at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and here is my DT Card.

Sometimes inspiration can come from unlikely sources and I have to give a shout out to the gang over at  Inspired By ... Challenge Blog!  They have some great inspiration pics and this one from earlier in the month really helped jump-start my flagging mojo! 


The umbrellas made me think of upside down Christmas trees and these dies (Poppy Stamps Nordic Tree Toppers) in particular - they’re NBUS and I've been wanting to use for a while now.   And I must say, it was nice to make some bright and cheery Christmas cards for a change - after all the majority of my Christmas Cards do head down under where it's often 40 degrees in the shade around Christmas time/!  I never would have thought to use yellow with the red and green for Christmas, but the combination  does look quite festive - so this sentiment (Waltzing Mouse Stamps Compliments of the Season 2) was perfect!  I was worried about stamping onto this highly textured surface but it worked out fine (with a stamping platform).


I'd like to enter these fab challenges
NBUS Challenge #61 - the tree topper dies are NBUS;
Peace on Earth Challenge #61 - Anything Christmas Goes;
Rudolph Day April Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card Kate - very clever idea!

    Hugs

    Di xx (Rudolph Days GD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the trees in thes colors, very festive! Thanks for playing our All Occasions Challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very effective, fun design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!