Sunday 3 March 2024

Tulip Trio

A friend asked if I could make a birthday card for a friend of hers turning 40.  Tulips are her favourite flowers so she wanted these included on the card.  

I was inspired by the mood board over at Inkspirational Challenge #310 (isn't it gorgeous)!

She chose this lovely tulip frame (Memory Box Tulip Trio) as the main image and I coloured the tulips to match the background paper.  I laid the tulip frame onto a piece of vellum and trimmed off the excess. Vellum adds such a lovely softness to a card front - I love using it but it's tricky to attach without the adhesive being seen.  I just hid the adhesive behind the frame and tulips.

I love this tiny alphabet from Gummiapan and I knew the matching number set would come in handy.  They're having their first outing with this card so I'd like to enter NBUS Challenge #60.

Add some flowers and a pretty soft palette and a feminine card comes together pretty quickly doesn't it!  As You Like it Challenge are asking What's Your Favourite - Masculine or Feminine?  Hands down feminine I'd have to say!

I'd also like to enter these fabulous challenges

Allsorts Challenge Week 770 - Spring;

Triple B (Birds, Blooms and Butterflies) Challenge for March;

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes;

Kraft Chicks Challenge #705 - Anything Goes;


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

9 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty tulip birthday card, Kate, and I think it's fabulous that you personalized it with her name and age! It's a keepsake! And note to self about adding the vellum. It does add a lovely layer of softness! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. I love the colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Kate love the colours and those flowers thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful Spring card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for sharing this lovely Spring themed card in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Kate. Great design and the delicate colour combination is beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Spring option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful and it looks so delicate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - I'm sure it was appreciated.

    Thanks for joining the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    Helen x
    (Guest Chick)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! LOVE your framed tulips! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!