Saturday 23 March 2024

Shake Your Tail Feather

 

If you read my last post you'll know I had one or two birds left over from false starts when creating a DT project for Challenge #259 at Time Out!

This is yet another bird!  But I noticed that Colour Hues Challenge #83 has a cream/blue theme and as this bird was cream and blue, I thought I'd have a go at making him into a card sooner rather than later ... I also needed a birthday card for my wonderful choir director hence the musical theme!

I used the same Spellbinder Cherry Blossom branch to give this little birdie somewhere to roost that I used for my last 2 birds ... what can I say it was already out and it remains one of my favourite branch dies despite being one of the first dies I ever bought!

I wanted to make this card a little special since it's going to someone very special so I mounted the birdie on a wobble spring which in turn gave me the idea for the sentiment!  I used the font "Are You Freakin' Serious" to create the sentiment and cut it with a speech bubble die from a Deco Time Set (which I've just realised is NBUS so I'd like to also enter NBUS Challenge #60)!

Here is the wobble spring in action!

I stamped the musical score background (Stempelwinkel) onto a piece of vellum.  I cut a frame using the two largest dies in the Pink Fresh Essentials Diagonal Stitched Rectangles set and laid it over the vellum score and trimmed the excess.  Then added this to the card base.  

Once I'd laid down the branch and my bird I added a smattering of quavers and the card was finished!

I'd also like to enter these fabulous challenges

The Card Concept Challenge #205 which has this lovely inspiration

The Four Seasons March Spring Challenge;

The Triple B (Birds/Blooms/Butterflies) March 2024 Challenge;

Crafty Animals Challenge #81!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and hopefully how to find you!

Kate

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful Kate the music paper the little bird it works so well together
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! The charming bird, the musical background and the arrangement of all the elements makes this one wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe ... how sweet this is!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Kate, I love the little wobbly bird and the perfect sentiment. I have a pack of these wobble spring..... still in my NBUS pile. Thanks for the inspiration to use them.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so sweet and I like the design. The paper with the music notes fits perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling bird and card! The musical notes and greeting are fun as well! So happy you joined us at Color Hues for our Cream and Blue challenge. Please come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a darling card, Kate! That sentiment couldn't be more perfect, even the musical notes are dancing along with that cute wobbly birdie! Thanks for the action vid too, ha ha. And thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Kate. The colors are wonderful and that sweet bird is the best. Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept, and please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!