Friday 22 March 2024

Bird Blessings


I had a few false starts last week with my DT project for Time Out Challenge #259 Birds of a Feather so I had one or two little birds left over!  

This little bird (Poppy Stamps Nordic Bird) was one of them!  I had made it up in Spring Colours so decided to make an Easter card for one of my sons.  

The background panel was an experiment with a background die (Poppy Stamps Double Diamond Lattice) and a rubber mat.  I quite liked the effect so cut it down with my guillotine to fit a card front.

I added a branch (Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms) and some leaves (Greetery Hey Cupcake).   I then built a nest using Gummiapan Witch Hazel branches cut into thirds and piled on top of each other and speckled some eggs (Poppy Stamps Whittle Chickens) with a fine point marker.

I had made the bird from snippets of a pale blue card stock and couldn't find any more of it - not even enough for this Easter sentiment (The Greetery)!  But this slightly deeper blue tones in well enough IMO and I also used it for the card base.   I bought the Easter sentiment last year and had almost forgotten I had it!  I spelt out "BLESSINGS" with this Tiny Gummiapan alphabet set.

I'd like to enter the following challenges

NBUS Challenge #60 - the bird and Easter sentiment die were NBUS;

The Card Concept #205 which has this lovely spring inspiration;

The Four Seasons March 2024 Challenge with this pretty inspiration;

Traumfabrik #126  which has the film Chicken Run as it's inspiration but anything Easter Egg related will do a long as it's not a bunny;

AAA Card Challenges #261 - Spring Colours;


Inspire Me #530 - Happy Easter;



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate



 

9 comments:

  1. So sweet, what a cute wee chick, you did awesomely with the debossed panel I struggle to get such definition. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. It is so cute. Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. We look forward to seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the springtime feels! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful CAS card with us at The Krafty Chicks Challenge! So nice to see you in the gallery.
    Diane - DT KCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with rich colours and gorgeous texture. Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Easter card Kate. That bird die is fab. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauituflly created springtime card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and The Four Seasons!
    Diane TB, FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, what a delightful Easter card! Love the embossed background and the colors of the bird. - Such a lovely die! Thank you so much for playing along with our Dream Factory challenge. Rosi x
    Dream Factory
    DotMCC

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Kate. I really love the texture you gave this fabulous card. Of course, the colors and the dies are also lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at both The Four Seasons and The Card Concept. I always appreciate seeing your wonderful art linked up in challenges.
    For another FUN challenge, please come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. The bird is so pretty and good job of creating the branch with nest. So clever of you! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!