Thursday 15 February 2024

Time Out Turns 10!

Challenge #257 has just gone live at Time Out Challenges and it's a big one - we're celebrating our 10th birthday!  

To mark this special event we have a birthday theme and 10 generous sponsors providing 11 fabulous prizes. We will have one challenge winner chosen by the Design Team who will receive a $25.00 Lawn Fawn Store Credit (and will be invited to be a guest designer in a future challenge). Ten additional winners will be chosen at random to receive the prizes in the order of their listing.

Our wonderfully generous sponsors are:

Altenew - $15.00 Store Credit
Doodle Bugs - $25.00 Store Credit
Birch Press - $20.00 Store Credit
Gina K. Designs - $25.00 Store Creditt
Lawn Fawn - $25.00 Store Credit
Newton's Nook - $25.00 Store Credit 
Picket Fence Studios - $25.00 Store Credit
Topflight Stamps - $25.00 Store Credit
Uniko- $25.00 Store Credit
Varada Sharma - $25.00 Store Credit

I do hope you can take some Time Out to join in our birthday celebrations!  Remember though, if you want to be eligible for a prize, you need to follow the challenge rules

          1. link up to a maximum of 5 challenges - i.e. ours plus 4 others only!
          2. create something new - no back linking allowed!
          3. enter a maximum of 5 times!
          4. have fun!

We are joined this challenge by former co-owner of Time Out, Sandie Munro of London Days,  as our Guest Designer and you can also check out the rest of the design team here!

I'm using the fabulous Altenew Layered Anemones on my birthday card and I've grounded it with the Birch Press Linear Triangle cut from gold mirror card.  This sheet of green card stock was a lucky find while rooting around in a corner of my craft room I hadn't explored for a while!   It was smooth enough to stamp  the sentiment and even emboss with gold embossing powder but has a lovely brushwork texture!  

I have been meaning for some time now to try using vellum for one of the layers of this gorgeous bloom having seen it used on similar layered blooms on Pinterest.  The trick is to use foam tape to elevate it above the base layer.   It was tricky adding enough for support and ensuring it wasn't visible but worth the effort I think!


The Flower Challenge #88 suggested adding a heart so I added a tiny one to the top bloom on the vellum - a little heart shaped dew drop!  I tried adding one on the other bloom but it started looking like a wedding card yet didn't look balanced without it - so I added another off to the side of this bloom! 

I'd also like to join these other fab challenges

Double D Challenge Heartfelt Challenge - anything with some hearts;

Allsorts Challenge Week 767 - Hearts;

Try it on Tuesday - Hearts and/or Flowers;

Triple B Feb 2024 Challenge (no Butterflies or Birds, just a bloom this time);


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

13 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, Kate! I love the green background with gold and what a fun idea to use a vellum later in a flower... I have not tried that and now I definitely need to! Very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo elegant Kate! I love the soft green you used - I have to look out for this color of cardstock and pairing with gold and white.. wow! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully eye-catcing card Kate! Those gorgeous white flowers just pop off the card front! The stripes of gold add the elegance of this beautiful card. I love it! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning and elegant card! I love the green and gold with the stylish white flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kat, this is a wonderful creation. Your idea to use vellum for one if the layers turned out to have a fabulous affect. I love the way the gold mirrir paper picked up the reflection of the doily that you card is sitting on. Wonderful card for our celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beauty Kate love the colours and the flowers are amazing can I also thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great card, love the flower die amazing composition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate, your card is stunning and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Kate! One of my favorite cards with it's beautiful elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kate, so elegant.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is super Kate. I love the striped gold and the vellum worked a treat even though tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, This is so Gorgeous, Kate. I really love how you added the gold.. so elegant. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am smitten with your card, Kate. That background paper is gorgeous and the gold corner gives an elegant feel but it's the use of vellum as a layer on a white flower that really blew my mind. It was definitely worth the struggle to pop it up. I want to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!