Thursday 1 February 2024

Roll out the Barrel

 

If you've read some of my last couple of posts, you'll know I signed up for the Gummiapan Advent Calendar last December.  I was so inspired by the fabulous dies inside and by the YouTube videos of Deb Hallet and Christine Stokes that I may have gone and purchased a few more of the Gummiapan dies - ok a lot more!  They're very addictive (the level of detail is amazing) - but they're also not expensive!

I bought the keg die specifically with my husband's birthday in mind (he has a thing about wooden barrels).   I cut both parts of the 2-part die from Kraft card stock but added gilding wax to the overlaid die cut so that the hoops had a metallic appearance.

Hubby also enjoys a glass bottle or two of red wine so I created a personalised label for him using MS Word.  Some of it's barely readable - even with my glasses on but it doesn't have to be readable to look convincing!   

The sentiment stamp is also from Gummiapan.  Gummiapan stamps are all unmounted rubber stamps.  I had hesitations about a rubber stamp because I've become fairly reliant on my stamping platform and I wasn't sure whether an unmounted rubber stamp would work.  It did, I just put a little Pritt on the back and treated it as if it were a clear polymer stamp.  And wow it stamped beautifully - I had forgotten how crisp an image from a good rubber stamps can be. 


I've used an embossing only die (Gummiapan Wooden Floor) on the base of the panel to ground the scene.  I also distressed the panel above the floorboards with white ink - probably should have done that before I stamped the sentiment.  To create a little interest on the wall of this old cellar, I used another embossing die (Gummiapan Brick Wall).   While these embossing dies don't actually cut away, you can snip them away quite easily - which I've done here to reveal a recessed brick wall.   

I can't wait to play with more of these amazingly detailed dies.

I've used snippets of red, green, Kraft and acetate to make the card so I'd like to join Snippets Playground Challenge #472


I'd also like to join these fabulous challenges

NBUS Challenge #59 - new dies and sentiment stamp;


Seize the Birthday #276 - Kraft plus one other colour 
(as I've used red and green, it will be no topping for me this challenge)!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

8 comments:

  1. What a brilliant card made with your Gummiapan dies. Perfect for a wine lover - and a great masculine card too.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground and for sharing a picture of your snippets. See you in the treehouse shortly. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful birthday card for you husband! Love the barrel for it looks so real! I'm sure he'll love the card! Thanks so much for the prize package that I received yesterday and I sent you an email! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card caught my eye and I had to come over here to tell you that it is super fun and I have been inspired by it. I think it is the perfect masculine card for a wine drinker. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one fabulous card! I love the barrel and the personalized wine bottle! What fun! Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge with your unique creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous I love how you have created the scene
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Kate - wonderful use of your Gummiapan products and also snippets of course! I bet your husband absolutely loved the card - the little label is genius!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too totally was taken with your wine card, Kate. Love that barrel and that wall so very much! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your win at Snippets Playground and wanted to tell you how much I liked your wine card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!