Tuesday 20 February 2024

Christmas Left Overs!

 

Time for a new challenge at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge so I've made a new card for the stash and this one completely from leftovers and stuff I've had hoarded for way too long.

This background panel (Memory Box Celeste Plate) was a failed attempt at a colour challenge last year.  Initially it was yellow on green  - and I have to say it was pretty hideous!  I probably should have binned it but it was a lot work and materials and sometimes I hold onto things to remind me NOT to do that again!  Anyway, I had the idea to go over the whole panel with gilding wax and see if I could resurrect it and I'm much happier with it now!  

I wanted to add a stamped sentiment and I found some lovely printed vellum I've been hoarding for about 15 years now.  But the problem with vellum is how to attach it so you don't see any adhesive!   To solve that problem I created a small frame (this die actually had tulips in the frame but I trimmed them out and will use them later).   I carefully laid the frame over the printed vellum that  and trimmed off the excess - now I had a place to hide the adhesive!  I carefully stamped my sentiment using a stamping platform - I thought I might need Stazon but Memento worked fine!   Then I just added a poinsettia bloom from my leftovers box ... et voila.  I love vellum and I think the printed vellum adds a little something extra but the sentiment is still very much readable!  


The Flower Challenge #88 suggested I "add a heart" so I added a few - Christmas is a great time to share the love after all!

I'd also like to enter these fab challenges

Triple B Feb 2024 Challenge (no Butterflies or Birds, just a bloom this time);

Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round February Challenge where the theme is Hearts;

 Peace on Earth Challenge #58 - Anything Christmas Goes;

NBUS Challenge #59 - The Celeste Plate is NBUS!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

6 comments:

  1. Your card looks really noble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kate I love how you have gilded that background panel it looks fantastic so does the flower and sentiment a super card
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate!! I would never EVER throw away such a gorgeous panel - and I'm doubly glad that you found a darling way to add a heart so you could send it our way at The Flower Challenge! Am I missing something? The vellum was the perfect choice - the pattern from the gilded panel is showing through beautifully!
    =] Michele DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous ornate card! Love the beautiful background and that you used gilding wax! Great use of the vellum with pretty sentiment! Love the tiny hearts and pretty flower, too! Great card, Kate. Maria Patrick(Maria’s Merry Makings)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous floral card and I LOVE the addition of the hearts!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!