Tuesday 9 January 2024

Peaceful Deer

Hi everyone, The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge is back for our first challenge of 2024 and Challenge #254 has just gone live.  I know it's a bit early to start preparing for next Christmas but it's always good to be prepared!
 

I had two sparkly deer left over from a previous project and found this lovely 6x12 piece of plaid in my stash from which I managed to cut 2 square panels.  Further rummaging through the Christmas leftovers box revealed two gold glitter bows (Memory Box Mistletoe Bundle)!  Quite a bit more rummaging and I managed to find a snippet of gold glitter paper big enough to cut a "peace" sentiment (Reverse Confetti Winter Words) and another snippet of gold mirror card.  It would have been better cut from glitter card -  and believe me I did look but that's what you get with leftovers.   I stamped the "on earth" (from one of my old Waltzing Mouse sets).

Et voila, 2 really quick Christmas cards made up almost completely from leftovers and snippets - but I think they're ever so elegant!


If you're keen eyed, you might notice that one of the panels is smaller than the other.  The problem with die cutting a patterned paper with straight lines like this one is you have to be really straight - at least someone as OCD as me does!  And one of the panels was slightly off - not a lot but enough to annoy me!  So I cut it again with a slightly smaller frame.  Nothing is irredeemable!

I do hope you'll join us in sharing your Christmas makes - not necessarily cards - with us at the Holly and Christmas Challenge!

I'd like to join the following challenges

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #82 - The Midas Touch (add a touch of gold);
Peace on Earth Challenge #55 - Anything Christmas Goes;
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #54 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful and it looks very noble. Gundi x
    DotMCC
    Dream Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving the CAS design and wonderful stylish color scheme!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty it looks so soft and delicate I love it
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are VERY elegant! What a gorgeous design, and I'm loving the 'pop' of gold too. Thanks for playing along with Linda and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful look with the deer and bow, Kate - love the large plaid too!! So glad you shared at Christmas Kickstart!! Linda the Elf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Are you aware of our latest challenge blog adventure called WORD POWER? Your card would qualify ... please come check it out ... you can find the link below. Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!