Thursday 11 January 2024

Brrr ... day Greetings!



A few days ago, while visiting the lovely Gundi's blog I spied an interesting challenge - Day of the Month Club Challenge #59 with the theme Penguin Awareness Day!  And as I had just taken delivery of some new penguin dies from Gummiapan it was the perfect opportunity to play with them!

Actually I've used 2 sets here - Penguins and Ice Fishing.  I cut the penguins from white card stock and coloured the black bits and the noses - I did separate them to try and create an illusion of depth but that just looked weird so ended up joining them back together again.   With the hole in the ice, there are three layers.  The bottom layer is a complete die cut (I added a bit of tape behind it to stop the hole from falling out).  Above that I lay another die cut with the hole missing.  Then I cut a (preprinted) panel with a stitched rectangle and the ice hole towards the bottom and snipped off the rim of the ice hole.  Then it was just a matter of laying this panel over the other two layers, trimming off any excess behind and attaching it to the black mat layer with foam tape... then attached that to the embossed panel.  I did accent the ice hole with a pale blue alcohol marker and blender - but it's hardly perceptible in the photograph.

The sentiment was computer generated - I was going to go with the obvious "happy bird-day" but the cold weather we're experiencing here at the moment inspired the brrr...day!  I briefly considered something like "not frozen food again" but opted for this more useful sentiment.  This fun font "are you freakin' serious" is one of Christine Stokes' favourites - Christine has inspired my love of all things Gummiapan!

The background embossing folder is a really old one.  It has no name on it and the packaging was discarded long ago!

I'd also like to join these fab challenges

January Four Seasons Challenge - Anything Winter Goes;
NBUS Challenge #58 - New Penguins and Ice Fishing die sets;
Seize the Birthday #275 - Embossing Wet or Dry;
Little Red Wagon #738 - Show some Snow;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

12 comments:

  1. How very cute and fun and love the added fishing line, made me smile.. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Kate, a cute little penguin scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun penguins. Great birthday card with the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable trio of penguins at their fishing hole, Kate - love this!! Thanks for sharing at DotMCC! Linda Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kate! I love these penguin dies - so cute. They remind me of the penguins in Madagascar! Those centres in the flowers I used on my TO card are called Prills and you can get them from Hearfelt Creations - I got them in a class years ago and they've lasted forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the penguins and the frosty scene you created!
    Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge as well as Four Seasons!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling card! I do love the penguins, but that fishing pole is super cool too. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The three have no problem waiting in the cold for the fish. A very funny scene and great card. I'm very happy that I was able to inspire you and that you showed your card at DotMCC. Good luck!! Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute penguin card! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, how adorable is this!!! These really are super cute fishermen! ...and I can see that they have already made a catch! Thank you so much Kate, for playing along with DotMCC this month! Hugs, Rosi
    Dream Factory
    DotMCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a darling card and I love the play on words. Visiting from NBUS Challenge where this cutie caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!