Sunday 2 July 2023

Dove over Troubled Waters


Ready for some Summer Fun by the Water?  The theme for the July Challenge 613 The Avenue Create is 

Nautical

We want to see anything to do with the water - Boats Sand, Water, Beach ...


This was a card I recently made for an adult Baptism.  Since water is such a key element of a Baptism, I went with a DP that featured waves and a bible quote which referred to waves.  The Dove die is from a set of Framelits (unimaginately called 5pce birds but they're obviously doves) - this was the second largest in the set.  I hadn't tried this eclipse technique with a die image before, only with sentiments.  Once I had cut the dove from the background paper, I cut it twice from white card stock and stacked these under the patterned dove.  It still didn't stand out enough in my opinion, so I mounted it on foam tape.  This actually worked out well because I was able to put a floral sprig in the dove's mouth by tucking it under the beak (where there was no foam)!  The sprig was one of many lovely flowers in the Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms set and added a feminine touch to the card - it was for a young lady after all!


I would like to enter this card in the current As You Like It Challenge : Favourite - Plain or Patterned Papers.  I love patterned papers!!!  Some women have hundreds of pairs of shoes - my weakness is patterned papers!  The challenge for me is to actually use them rather than hoarde them!  


I would also like to enter  Card Concept Challenge #198 which has the following fabulous photo inspiration!



I'd also like to enter the following challenges

 Allsorts Challenge Week #735  - optional Summertime theme - despite spending the last 25 years in a land locked country, summertime still makes me think of the beach and waves I enjoyed at every opportunity during my teenage years! ;


 Make My Monday Challenge #203 - with a theme of On the Water;


Crafty Chicks Challenge #670 - Anything Goes;


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Very clever and effective design. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful papers and a fabulous card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is clever. I love how you've done this. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that paper and you have used it so creatively! Beautiful. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that amazing paper, just like waves. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, Kate, this is glorious! So deeply meaningful for an adult baptism, too, love the theme and stunning dove! Perfect sentiment, too, of course! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very effective, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW so beautiful, I love your gorgeous designing and pretty colours x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I tried doing this with my Wave dies and I ended up with a mess! I love thr paper you used! Nicely done and so appropriate for both the challenge and the ceremony!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's absolutely beautiful, Kate xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!