Thursday 20 July 2023

A Little Sparkly Unicorn


 Challenge #243 has just gone live over at Time Out Challenges and this fortnight we have a photo inspiration for you!


Lots of inspiration here and it was difficult to focus my attention until I spied the little unicorn on the second top shelf and used this charming set A Little Sparkle from Lawn Fawn.  I also used Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders and cut one of the layers from pink vellum as a nod to the sheer pink curtain in the photo.

For extra sparkle, the unicorn's, horn, mane and tail were coated with glossy accents and sprinkled with glitter as well as the fairys' wings.  "SPARKLES" was cut from white glitter card stock and coloured with the same pink alcohol ink used on the unicorn and rainbow.


Here's another closer look at our inspiration photo!  How does it inspire you?  Are you ready to take some Time Out and join us?   Should you need more inspiration, my lovely and very talented team mates have plenty of inspiration and we're joined this challenge by Heather Heroldt as our special guest - why not drop by and say hi!


I'd like to thank our generous sponsor Lawn Fawn who are offering a $25 store credit to our Time Out Winner as chosen by the Design Team!  


Lawn Fawn


I'd like to join NBUS Challenge #52 as the A Little Sparkle and Puffy Borders sets were NBUS.


The prompt for this week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is 4-legged friends.  I don't have a unicorn for a friend but I sure would like one!


I'd also like to enter the Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge since my card has both!


I'd also like to enter the Happy Little Stampers July Anything Goes with Dies Challenge!




Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

7 comments:

  1. Super card Kate, such a cute design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute and lovely and fits perfect for a little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate: Oh! I love your card design!! It's such a good one for TFATU to give that magical dream cloud kind of vibe! Those wee fairies are too cute and the unicorn's wavy mane makes me think this one is a bit of a diva!!! :) Your overall colors, placement, elements, and materials are just darling! Thanks for participating at TFATU! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the photo, Kate! I had no clue that was a unicorn up there, but then I need new glasses in the worst way!! I love that you zeroed in on that and came up with this sweet creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for seeing that unicorn, Kate. Your card is adorable in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun that you used the unicorn!! I bet the sparkle looks amazing IRL and that this card was also very fun to make. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - I totally missed the unicorn! Your card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!