Tuesday 18 April 2023

Mwah!

 

Time for a new Challenge at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and time to add another card to the stash for next Christmas!

This one was a quickie so I'll be making a few extras before I pack everything away!  

I had already cut some panels from this card stock for a previous project.  I just love the gold foiled stripes - so elegant!  I then cut the mistletoe foliage (Memory Box Mistletoe Bundle) from green card stock and the berries and bow from white.  I added a little gilding wax and some glossy accents to the berries and bow because I wasn't happy with the white - I think I'll cut them from gold next time!  The sentiment is from one of the first Waltzing Mouse Stamp sets I ever bought - Festive Foliage!  I am embarrassed to say that at the time I had no idea what "mwah" meant!!  It is the perfect sentiment to go under a bough of mistletoe though, don't you think!  


I stamped the inside top right corner with the Mistletoe stamp which came with the Festive Foliage Stamp Set.  With such a gorgeous mistletoe stamp, you might be wondering why I felt the need to buy a mistletoe die!  Hmmm, I think the little bow in the set swayed me because I can see it being very useful and the other reason is that die cuts and stamps each have their uses.  Stamping on patterned paper is problematic and I love to use patterned papers so I usually opt for die cutting because I'm not a fan of fussy cutting!  Die cutting also gives loads of dimension!  When it comes to decorating the inside and the envelopes however, I tend to prefer stamping because there's less bulk and you can write over a stamped image!

The Mistletoe Bundle set is NBUS so I'd like to enter my card in NBUS Challenge #49.
and Krafty Chicks Challenge #659 - Week 2 so it's a Christmas Challenge

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

3 comments:

  1. Nice card, I like the CAS of this one, and it has that wow factor for sure! Thanks for playing our Christmas Challenge at Krafty Chicks this week. Happy Crafting and have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/KCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!