Friday 21 April 2023

For Sweet Caroline!

 

My son asked if I could make a card for him to give his girlfriend for her birthday and as she's a chef, I thought I'd use a couple of kitchen accessories that have been in my NBUS stash for some years as well as a fairly new Poppy Stamps Whittle Pie die - I've fallen somewhat in love with the Poppy Stamps Whittle die range.  

I cut the spatula from red and spotty card, did a little surgery on the spotty one and overlaid it on the red, adding some thin strips of black to mask the joins.  These are possibly the oldest NBUS items I have in my stash.  According to my records I bought them in 2007.  They're very old Sizzix Original Dies - Apron and Mitt (I only used the mitt) and Cookies Baking Sheet and Spatula (I only used the spatula).

The pie base was cut from silver mirror card and I cut the top layer of the pie from red and craft so it looks like the filling is just oozing out of the pie!   I decided on a simple "sweet" sentiment - well her name is Caroline! 


 I made up another 2 pies - one for the envelope and one for the insert - and took a chunk out of the pie on the insert with a scalloped punch!  

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges 


Snippets Playground Challenge #452 (here's a photo of some of the snippets I used)


AAA Birthday Game #48 - Layer it Up (I layered up my sweet birthday pie)


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments always bring me joy and are always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

9 comments:

  1. A fun card for sweet Caroline! Great use of your snippets and NBUS.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground and for sharing a photo of them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Kate - bound to be a hit with Caroline!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Kate and it sounds like it's a perfect design for your son's girlfriend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Caroline tut tut tut...I can't remember the rest of that song, but great card and she'll love it I'm sure. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great, personalised design - I'm sure it was appreciated.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Chicks Challenge.

    Helen x
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely customized birthday card!!Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!