Wednesday 31 August 2022

Twiggy Deer


I saw a few challenges around with a deer prompt so I thought I'd dust off this old Movers and Shakers reindeer die.  I cut and layered him three times for sturdiness, coloured him with Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord Distress Inks, and applied a few coats of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel sprinkled with a little Pastel Pink embossing powder and some gold Tempera Powder.  It's always a surprise when I use UTEE - but I'm rarely disappointed!  I just love the glossy finish and the way the colours move around in the molten UTEE.  It's very therapeutic (unless I burn a finger or two)!

I already had an aperture panel cut with this sentiment embossed in gold, so I paired it with matching watercolored panel embossed with gold twigs and used it to frame the deer.

I'd like to enter the following challenges

Grab our badge!
Christmas Crafts All Year Round August Challenge - Reindeer or Deer

christmasblog
Winter Wonderland Challenge August Challenge - Reindeer

ABC Christmas Challenge - P for Pink, R for Reindeer

The Holly and the Ivy Challenge #122 - Anything Christmas Goes

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #609 - (wet) embossing

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes

I'm thrilled you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you and perhaps we can get better acquainted!  

Kate


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge 609 - hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely scene! I love how your reindeer turned out. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I love the colours! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!