Tuesday 23 August 2022

Golden Foal


For my background panel, I used three colours of blue by adding them to my craft mat and spritzing them with water, then dragging my panel several times through the mess mix!  



Then, once thoroughly dry (I also ironed it to make sure it was flat) I stamped with this Spooky Tree Image (Waltzing Mouse Stamps) and embossed in gold.


I really loved how my last card turned out, the only problem being it costs twice as much to send a square card so if I'm to make a bunch of cards in the same design, do I really want them square??   So how to make this square panel work with a standard sized card so I don't spend a fortune on postage!  

I cut a bunch of A6 panels with a square aperture on one end of the panel.  
For this card I went with a left aperture and a landscape orientation, which required a slim sentiment and this was one of the few Christmas sentiments that fitted.  I've stamped with the same colours I used to create the background.  I embossed the sentiment with clear powder on this card but next time I'll leave it unembossed - I prefer the more natural look on this cardstock.

I made this card specifically with Die Traumfabrik Challenge #107 in mind

Drei Farben: Blau

I also designed this card with my great-nephew in mind because yesterday's card will go to his mama!  I thought it would be nice to have the two side by side with the larger horse in pink and the foal in blue!  I'd therefore like to enter it in the Alphabet Challenge -  J is for Juvenile.

I'd also like to enter the following challenges 

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #65 - Never in a Nativity!  


The Holly and the Ivy Challenge #121 - Anything Christmas Goes


Make My Monday Challenge #181 - Christmas in August


As You Like it Challenge - Favourite Domestic Animal (and why)!  This little foal is every bit as majestic as his mama!

 Crafty Animals Challenge #64 - Anything Goes as long as it includes an Animal!

Stamps used : WMS Spooky Tree, WMS Compliments of the Season (sadly WMS long ago closed its doors but they're still my favourite stamps)
Dies : Crealies Nested Squares, Nested Rectangles; Charlie & Paulchen Skandi-Pferdchen

I'm thrilled you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you and perhaps we can get better acquainted!  

Kate

5 comments:

  1. Another stunning card. I'm really thrilled and especially I love the horse!! Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory again. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful! Love the golden horse!
    Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card fab horse hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the blue and the gold together. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your card, its wonderful Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

    Hé, wat een mooie creatie heb je gemaakt. Leuk dat je meedoet bij Make My Monday challenge
    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Make My Monday challenge

    Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
    https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!