Saturday 20 August 2022

Golden Skandi Pferdchen


Desperate for Christmas mojo, I checked out my favourite Christmas Challenges and then set about creating a card which would fulfill as many Challenge Criteria as possible!   

 The first challenge I wanted to comply with was the August Colour Challenge at 52Christmas Card Throwdown - Pink, Purple and Gold!  Mmmm heavenly combination no??


I'm in the middle of overhauling my craft supplies and I found a small embossed square card which was part of a set I bought ages ago!   The front and back were both embossed with gold so I cut it in half to make two panels and added Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord distress inks to my craft mat, spritzed and dragged the card panels through.  I used the first panel on this card - watch this space for the second panel!

I knew I wanted to use this Skandi Pferdchen die I bought from Charlie und Paulchen earlier this year,   which also gave me the opportunity to enter NBUS Challenge #41


Christmas Kickstart Challenge #65 is Never in a Nativity!  I'm pretty sure there weren't any horses in the nativity - especially Scandinavian ones!




Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge prompt this week is "Christmas" so I'll be entering there as well! 

I'd also like to enter Crafty Animals Challenge #64 which is Anything Goes as long as it includes and Animal!

And the current challenge at As You Like it - Favourite Domestic Animal!  The horse is such a majestic creature don't you think?

I'm thrilled you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you and perhaps we can get better acquainted!  

Kate

9 comments:

  1. This horse looks very regal in gold. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. c'est une très belle création Kath, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCZ, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kate, I love the square framing and agree that Scandinavian horse is indeed majestic and very elegant in gold! It truly pops against that sensational pink background! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, your choice of colours is stunning, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that gold against the pink. A very crisp and elegant card. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is unbelievably gorgeous! The background and the golden stallion are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this card is stunning!!!! I like it very much. Beautiful background and the golden horse is the perfect eyecatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful card, and I spy an Appaloosa to boot! (A horse lover by God's design, here, with a particular soft spot for the Appaloosa breed.) Thanks so much for sharing this fun card! Blessings, C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. The pink background is so striking and perfect for your beautiful horse. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!