Monday 29 August 2022

Gorgeous Parrot!

 


This is a birthday card for a friend of mine!  Her daughter is living in Australia these days so I always like to make something for her with an Australian connection!  I wish I had taken a photo of the gift as you could have seen what inspired my choice of image and colours - a stained glass suncatcher featuring a pair of green and yellow parrots.  This is actually a cockatoo die, but I removed his crest so he looked more like the parrots in her gift! 


I colored him (and the gum leaves and blossoms frame) with alcohol markers and although I do find it easier to colour die cuts than images, I am by no means proficient at it so please don't look too carefully!  


I generated the sentiment on the computer and foiled it in gold (though you can't see because it was impossible to photograph last night no matter how much light I shone on it)!  



I was trying to think of what a parrot might say other than "hello".  I had a budgie for a few years, and he was a profuse talker (probably took after me lol)!  I should have taught him to say "g'day gorgeous" - but my Billy Boy was far too clever to be tricked like that!


I would like to enter the following challenges

As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Animal (birds esp. Australian ones)

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Frame it (this die came with its own frame)

Happy Little Stampers August Anything Goes with Dies Challenge

TGIF What Would You Do Without White Cardstock?  Use cream of course 😉!  

NBUS Challenge #41 - The parrot die is NBUS


I'm thrilled you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you and perhaps we can get better acquainted!  

Kate

5 comments:

  1. Your card is brilliant Kate such beautiful vibrant colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, great idea to turn the cockatoo into a parrot. Thank you for sharing your lovely card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how adorable! What a sweet creation and LOVE the colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely, love your whole design and thanks so much for entering our challenge, with your fabulous design at[aNNie designer for The Sisterhood of Crafters]
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely, love your whole design and thanks so much for entering our challenge, with your fabulous design at[aNNie designer for The Sisterhood of Crafters]
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!