Tuesday 7 September 2021

Tumbling Leaf


It's almost that time of the year again, when Luxembourg comes alive with colour!  Having come from a country where the native trees are evergreen (well ever brown really), the sight of a hillsides ablaze with Autumn colours still takes my breath away after 23 years living here!

The base of the spinning leaf was cut from gold card stock.   I distressed an A6 sheet of Bristol card stock with Fired Brick, Twisted Citron, Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed Distress Inks from which I managed to cut 6 Skeleton leaves (I have a market next weekend and I'm hoping to finish and sell all 6 cards to raise money for charity).  I even managed to cut the "F", "A" and the 2 x "L"s (Memory Box Wooden Alphabet) from what was left.  The flowers, mushroom and acorn (Tim Holtz Funky Foliage) were cut from Bristol paper and hand coloured. The top leaves (Tim Holtz Fall Foliage) were cut from a snippet of gold which I pounced upon with some distress inks - there's a lovely subtle shimmer to these leaves. 

As you can see I constructed the card with a track so the leaf could "tumble"!  The spinning leaf is a no name die.  I did see one on the Walmart site which looks identical though one can never be sure when buying things on the internet!  The size and shape of this are ideal for a spinner element!  Here's a video to show the card in action and I even managed to take advantage of some late afternoon sun so you get an idea of the lovely shimmer!


I'm excited to enter the new Four Seasons Challenge Blog which has any Anything Fall Goes theme this month


I'd also like to enter the Inkspirational Challenge #247 - with the prompt Autumn Leaves


I'd also like to enter the As You See It Challenge #258 - with the prompt In the Air


I'd also like to enter Timeout Challenge #195 which has the prompt - use coloured card base.


I had an idea for a similar card while writing this blog post and finished it before I'd finished this post.  So here's a twofer!


And I made sure to include 6 leaves on this one so I could enter Just Us Girls Challenge #600!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate



 

11 comments:

  1. I think your card is amazing and I love the spinner leaf! You have definitely achieved a Fall afternoon of color! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!

    Glenda
    FS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card and so unique as a spinner!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is just AWESOME! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    THE FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate... I absolutely love your fall collage! The colors are warm and inviting... and the addition of the spinner is priceless. Thank you for joining and sharing such a fab card at Just Us Girls' 600th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card with the wood grain and all the beautiful autumn colors! Cute dies, and love that the leaf tumbles! Thank you so much for joining us at the Four Seasons Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours and background alone were magnificent but that tumbling leaf is beyond amazing. What a fabulous creation! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See it Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, Kate! I'm in love with the colour and texture and images in your project and when you add in the tumbling leaf, I'm over the edge! Amazing! Thanks for joining our theme challenge at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colouful card Kate. Stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is FABULOUS! What fun elements you added, but the spinning leaf takes the cake! Love it! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that wooden background has a very realistic look to it, and the warm golden colors are perfect for autumn. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate your tumbling leaf is so creative and I love those fall colours and wonderful textures too. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!