Tuesday 1 December 2020

In an Instant


I decided last week that I wanted to have a break from Christmas cards and make a birthday card.  I've been going through all my NBUS and "found" this PTI Shutterbug Set which I bought in 2014 and have finally opened and used!  

I thought it might be fun for Timeout Challenge #175 which has the prompt Quick!  


Not that it was quick to make!  I've been planning it for days - searching for a suitable patterned paper, working out the layout (I missed the Mojo Monday #550 because I dawdled on it) and the best colours to use.

Here's the sketch from Mojo Monday #550 so you can see how I was inspired - I love Julie Tilman's sketches!  


I tossed up whether to put buttons, fancy brads, butterflies in lieu of those two stars, but in the end I used two sentiments.  The "Say Cheese and Eat Cake" sentiment was an easy choice since I wanted to make a birthday card but the second one had me stumped - until I had a lightbulb moment!  What if I used this "Life is all about the Memories" sentiment and made my own sentiment for the pull out tag!  Here's the card with the tag pulled!

 


I created this WordArt using fonts as similar to the ones on the front as possible and created this pull out tag with the sentiment "not the Calories"!  I used another NBUS set called Eat Cake from Waltzing Mouse Stamps - the small cake in the set was a perfect fit for the tag.  I shortened the tag a little by partially cutting it.  I did this for the speech bubbles (Joy Dies) as well so they fitted the sentiments better.

I'm pretty proud of myself - used two NBUS sets and some Washington tape which I've had for years and I think the sentiment I came up with is quite witty!  Pity it took me three days (I made two other cards while I was thinking about this one) and I missed the last Mojo Monday sketch for the year!

Here's the other challenges I'm entering (click on the subtitle not the photo)

DOTMCC Challenge #21 - Make Your Own Head
(because I really used my head on this one)


Just Add Ink # 533 - I added "Snapshot"


SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes



NBUS Challenge #21 - Two new stamp sets used (and some Washi tape)!

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Great card Kate - the colours are very subtle and effective. The sentiments are great too - Cheers Maurs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this weeks Just Add Ink S challenge and your card is fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you used your head for this card, because it is very special and special and really amazing!! Thank you for joining with us at DotMCC. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Kate. Snapshot is such a great S element and I love how your carried through the antique feeling of your image in all the background layers. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good thinking Kate and such a fun card. Love the layout and that you added these fab sentiments and how true they are. So cool you used a pullout tag-so creative. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how long it can take to choose patterned paper?? Hence the reason I don't use it much, I can never decide!! You definitely picked the right one, its so pretty but subtle in the background. The camera image is brilliant, and well done matching the sentiment font. Its a wonderful card and I'm so happy you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous stamp set. Glad you finally got to use it. You've created a lovely combination of elements. Thanks for playing along with our Just Add Ink S challenge.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing and funny birthday card. Thanks for the great description of its formation, with all these clever ways. The card is delightful.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply wonderful card....love that fabulous image! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is so special, Kate! The recipient is going to think so, too! Not only do I love the antique camera, I love the double sediments, AND that you made it interactive with the pull tab! You should be proud of yourself! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!