Thursday 17 December 2020

Brrr Baby It's Cold Outside



I noticed there were quite a few challenges which included Snowmen, so I thought I'd make a card which included one.  I had forgotten I had this snowman - I bought it years ago from Action and he's sat neglected in a box all this time!  He's really quite cute with his wonky eyes and he comes with a matching die as well so I thought it was time to try him out!  

I noticed Little Red Wagon Challenge #580 had the prompt "It's Hip to be a Square" (and I've been singing that Huey Lewis song ever since LOL) so I designed the card with a square scene rather than the usual rectangular matting - which was great as it gave me plenty of room to stamp a sentiment (rather than adding it later on a die cut label).  


As I was working on the layout, I suddenly had the idea to attach him to a "spring" so he would shiver.  The "spring" is just a strip of acetate (leftover from packaging) which I folded into a "z", cut a slit in the bottom layer of snowman (there are 3 layers for sturdiness) and a slit in the black square so he stays securely attached to the card front.  Now he shivers if you give him a poke!



My main source of inspiration came from Just Add Ink Challenge #536 which had this cute photo inspiration.  I used a woodgrain background and coloured his scarf red - I did try to add candy canes but the ones I have were way too big!


Shopping Our Stash Challenge #435 had the prompt "What's Black and White and Red All Over?" so I 
kept the design black, white and red and resisted the urge to add some greenery!  


I'm also entering the following Challenges (click on the subtitle to follow the link not the photo)

Card4Guyz Challenge #260 - Snowman/Snowmen

Inkspirational Challenge # 190 - Snow

Allsorts Challenge Week 602 - Christmas


Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

8 comments:

  1. I would also like to say that, but unfortunately we have spring-like temperatures. We'll have to wait a long time for a snowman. I enjoy the snowman on your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! The snowman is gorgeous and loving the red, black and white combo! It's so effective for Christmas cards!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic!! Love this color combo!! You totally rocked our snowman challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, this is so cute and what a brilliant idea to make him all shakey! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! I am glad that super cute snowman is no longer neglected! He is awesome!!
    Thanks for breaking out your black, white & red to play along with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your action-wobble snowman is adorable; so glad you brought him out for a play! Love the wintry scene you created for him! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his wonky eyes! Your color combination is one of my fav classic combos. Thanks for joining us at Cards 4 Guys! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful CAS holiday card! thank you so much for sharing it in our "black and white and red all over" challenge at shopping our stash!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!