Saturday 12 December 2020

Tartan Scottie

 


I had the idea to cut this Scottish terrier die (Marianne D) from tartan and make some very Scottish Christmas cards for some Scottish friends.  I grounded him on a strip of red card stock - which I like to think of as a red carpet!  I added some holly (Memory Box Mini Holly Leaves) to his rather debonair glossy red neckerchief.




Here is a closer look at the two cards.  I wasn't happy with the first attempt (in gold) - too busy, so I made the second one in white and was much happier.  This sentiment (Dutch Crafts) was very tricky to work with!  If I make another one (I have another Scottish friend to make for), I think I'll go with a stamped sentiment.

The embossing folder is new (Craft Sensations) so I'm entering NBUS Challenge #21.  


Other Challenges I'm entering are (click on the link within the subtitle not the image)

The Male Room Challenge #145 -  Tartan and Plaid

Allsorts Challenge Week 602 - Got to be Christmas

The Jingle Belles Final Challenge for 2020



Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!
Hugs and stay safe,

Kate


6 comments:

  1. A fun image on your pretty Christmas card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scottie dog looks great in the tartan - I love the gold one as well as the white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the embossed backgrounds and sweet tartan Scotties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great twosome, love each of them, beautiful embossing, I'm sure your Scottish friends will love them. (That is a beautiful sentiment too). Thank you so much for joining us in our Tartan & Plaid challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT


    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute with such great details! The embossing looks fantastic!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge where it's all about Christmas this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely cute and I like the gold version just as much as the white! Maybe you should try the sentiment with a different color to get more contrast - green, red, black....
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!