Sunday 20 December 2020

Polar Expressions


This Polar Bear die set (Amy Design) was another NBUS item I was determined to use before this Christmas was over!  Thank you to Darnell and NBUS Challenge #21 for giving me some much needed incentive to use the stuff I buy rather than just admiring it in its packaging!  

I cut the bears from off-white card stock, distressed them with Broken China DI and created a snowy night time scene using some DP and this stitched cloud border die - I was surprised how well this die doubles as a snow bank!

Another reason I wanted to use these dies was that the prompt for this Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge is Christmas Critters.  


At 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, the challenge is to use a previous 2020 challenge and I chose the September 2020 Theme Challenge which is Polar Bears/Penguins.   



Use Your Stuff Challenge #412 has a Winter/Snow/Christmas Challenge


and Inkspirational Challenge #228 also has a Snow Challenge



The Sisterhood of Crafters has an Anything Christmas/Winter Goes Challenge


Last but definitely not least, I would also like to enter Pixie's Snippet Challenge #393!



Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Genious to use the "clouds" as snowbanks, but here it's your design and night sky that make this beauty shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable winter scene. The polar bear mom and her little one look soo real!!! Thank you so much for choosing one of my September challenges and playing along with 52CCT!
    I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy new year! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is awesome! Fabulous scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous polar bear card! Thank you for joining our challenge at The sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Kate. Brilliant idea to use the cloud border as a snow bank. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Kate and how clever to use the cloud die for snow banks! Perfect!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining our challenge at Use Your Stuff. This is a gorgeous card!~ We are in the process of removing our spam infestation, so please feel free to check back and upload your project for us!
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful christmas card you made :-))
    Thanks for joining us at the 52CCT Challenge ❤️ Hope to see you at the next challenge, too.
    Happy, Healthy and Creative 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kate! You're the only person left from the Grand Draw who hasn't spotted that they won a prize! Can you please take a look at my post of 17th January and drop me an email with your address. If you don't want the prize I will draw it again in a week's time. I do hope all is well at your end! With this dreadful virus going around one never knows. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!