Tuesday 14 November 2023

Festive Foliage

 

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #152 has just gone live and this is my DT card.  It was prescheduled before I left and by the time it goes live I'll be getting ready for my return flight from Australia.

I cut the base of these holly leaves (Sizzix Seasonal Sketch) from plain green card stock and the detail from green mirror card and I did the same for this sentiment (LDRS) and the holly berry.   I was going to place the holly leaf in the top left corner but I needed to hide a boo boo - a little of the mirror finish peeled off the "W" in the sentiment.  So I placed the holly leaf such that the offset detail just covered the this boo boo - a pretty good save if I do say so myself!  As an after thought, I added another offset leaf to the bottom right corner as well.

I'd like to enter the following challenges


NBUS Challenge #56  - Leaves and Sentiment were both NBUS;
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #53 - Anything Christmas Goes;
12 Months of Christmas Challenge #106 - Anything Christmas Goes;
 



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And the upside of leaving a comment is that I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous festive card Kate love the design
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the metallics and subtle background. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!