Tuesday 17 October 2023

Vintage Christmas

Challenge 151 has just gone live at the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge so I have a new Christmas card for you.  I'm off to Australia this weekend so the next two posts will be scheduled.  Fortunately, I have a good batch of Christmas cards to take with me to post while there.  And when I get back in November, I hope to focus on table decorations and other festive makes because (hopefully) I'll have enough Christmas cards for all my loved ones in this part of the world as well.

For this card, I thought I'd pull out some of my old Waltzing Mouse Stamps and I found this set that I am ashamed to say appears to be NBUS (Waltzing Mouse Stamps Opera Tags Christmas).  I'm not sure how I missed it because it really is quite stunning.  It's one of two stamp sets Claire Brennan designed for this die set (a special collaboration with Spellbinder and WMS) - I had used used the other set but not this one!  

Once I'd stamped, embossed and die cut the tag on kraft card stock, I added this large brad (added gold gilding wax to it first).

I wrapped a length of lace and a length of tiny grosgrain ribbon (both left over snippets) around this Burberry-ish tartan panel.  This tartan panel seemed like a good idea at the time but once assembled I realized it was perhaps too "cozy" for the grandness of the tag!  Ah well, it wasn't quite the vintage look I was aiming for but I don't mind it! 

 I had to add foam tape to the top and base of the tag so it would sit flush on the ribbon and lace and once assembled, I thought it needed a little something in the bottom right corner so made up a little spiral flower (Sue Wilson Spiral Pearl Flower - a prize from the Snippets Playground) using kraft and gold mirri card.  I went over the middle layer of the spiral flower with Gathered Twig DI and the top layer of the flower with Gilding Wax.  Here's a closeup so you can see the lovely detail in this gorgeous Spiral Pearl Flower and some of detail in this stamp and die set (and my imperfect embossing LOL)!



I'd like to join the following challenges

Christmas Craft Creations October Challenge - Monochromatic

Christmas Crafts all Year Round October Challenge - 10 Lords a Leaping
The brown tones make this card ideal for a male IMO

ABC Christmas Challenge - U is for Use it Up which is what I did with the snippets of lace and ribbon;

Peace on Earth Challenge #50 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Retro Rubber Challenge #217 - Anything Goes using old stamps and this set dates back to 2015;

We Love Stamping October Challenge - Anything goes with stamping as focal point;

NBUS Challenge #55 - NBUS Opera Tags Christmas Stamp Set;

Snippets Challenge #465 - Snippets of lace and ribbon and Kraft card;



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And the upside of leaving a comment is that I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kate - I love that it's vintage and also perfect for a male, even with the lace and the stylised 'flower'. Very clever, Hope you have a wonderful time in Oz - safe travels!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Kate, a lovely vintage Christmas feel! Your little fancy "buttons" are perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly captured the Vintage feel here and as Di said would be perfect for a man, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping October challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful christmas card with a pretty nostalgic touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vintage look card, elegant!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely vintage-feel Christmas card. Lovely to see you using prizes won from the Playground too.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate later! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for sharing with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absoluty gorgeous card, congrats 😊💐 thankyou for playing at Retro Rubber, happy day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that plaid background and the lovely WMS tag front and center Kate (I have that set too and I'm looking at it in a different way now after seeing your card!) The ribbon and lace are perfect behind the tag! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you really achieved a fabulous vintage look with this gorgeous card, Kate and thanks for the reminder to look through my stash for my WMS goodies. This is perfect for our U for Use it Up Challenge.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a great card that you've created for our Monochromatic challenge at CCC, a vintage Christmas card with so many details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're crazy, I LOVE the plaid! It's absolutely perfect with the tag...the perfect marriage between masculine and feminine. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and support!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
    Annie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vintage cards make a special holiday atmosphere. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!