Thursday 28 September 2023

You Got This!

Challenge #248 has just gone live at Time Out Challenges and it's an extra special one!  October has traditionally been a time to acknowledge Breast Cancer, but our challenge theme has been expanded to acknowledge all kinds of cancers, chronic illnesses and other diseases that affect us and/or our loved ones - for which greetings of friendship, encouragement and support are so important to share.


Jane of Jane's Doodles has designed a gorgeous image just for this Time Out Challenge!  You're free to download it and use it to make a special support/encouragement card for a loved one  - all the details are on the Challenge blog.  

Jane's Doodles are also sponsoring this challenge and our Top Pick as chosen by the design team will win 3 digis from the Jane's Doodles Website and will also be invited to guest design with us in a future challenge.

We are joined by the talented Jaydee of Stampin! with Jaydee as our guest for this challenge - do please drop by and say hi from me!  And if you need some inspiration, my talented team members have plenty over on the challenge blog!

October 6th is World Cerebral Palsy Day.  Some of you may know my youngest has cerebral palsy.  His is very mild, affecting only his left side and he can walk albeit a little awkwardly.  Some colleagues and I have just started a CP support group and this will be our first opportunity to celebrate World Cerebral Palsy Day after establishing the group.   It's also the 30th anniversary of the Info-Handicap association  in Luxembourg and there is a big event being organized this weekend at which our group will have a stand so I thought I'd make some cards for the event.

The colour green has come to be associated with Cerebral Palsy and my son had a pair of specially made high top shoes a few years ago so these two things influenced my design.  I chose two mostly green patterned papers to make up my cards - of course I couldn't resist adding a bit of pink to the feminine version!  Apart from the patterned papers, the rest of the shoes were made from scraps.  I stitched the laces to make them look more authentic using embroidery floss and a blanket stitch (so the lacing would sit straight).

This is the feminine version - I want a pair of these!


And this is the masculine version!


I used two different coverplates  (Simon Says Stamp Detail Bohemian Coverplate and Pinkfresh Stitched Diamond Coverplate) to add some quick background interest after I had stamped this sentiment (L'il Inkers Coffee Talk 2).   Then added the shoe to the panel with foam tape and mounted the panel onto the card base with more foam tape.   I cut larger stars from the patterned papers for envelope seals (or envelope decoration).


And here's a bunch of cards ready for sale on the weekend!

I'd like to enter the following challenges



Snippets Playground Challenge #463  - here are some of my snippets;


NBUS Challenge #54 (the Stitched Diamond Coverplate was NBUS);

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments always bring me joy and are always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

7 comments:

  1. Good Luck with your CP Stand this weekend. Terrific cards made with your snippets. Great CAS design and I love those cover plate backgrounds.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a nice cocktail or two later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would take either pair of sneakers as they both are super cool! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kate - fabulous cards! The detail on those shoes - amazing work! Good luck with your CP stand this weekend, I think your cards could easily be a sellout!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that flower patterned shoe and I too would love to own a pair like that! Great CAS cards. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards for a beautiful event! I want a pair of those shoes too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Kate!! I really love the beautiful coverplates you have used for the background. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to bring awareness to CP, Kate. Your tennies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!