Tuesday 13 June 2023

Ho Ho Ho


Time for a new challege at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Card Challenge and hopefully inspire you to get your Christmas card stash built up before December!  


Some time ago I placed an order with Gummiapan and they slipped a lovely little santa hat die in as a thank you gift - it wasn't even a large order!   You may have heard of Gummiapan from Christine Stokes.  I had a few dies already, owing to the fact that one of my crafting buddies is Swedish - the dies have amazing details but I must say, Chrissie really brings the magic!  Watch any of her videos to see what I mean!


Last year during December, her enthusiasm was infectious as she opened a Gummiapan Advent calendar envelope each day and made a made a project using the contents within.  The calendars for 2023 have just been made available for preorder but only until August 15th ... needless to say, I ordered mine!!!   31 limited edition dies - how could I resist!  Of course I'll (hopefully) have all my Christmas cards done by December, so I'll be able to play with the little daily surprises - I have no idea what the contents will be, but judging from Chrissie's daily videos last December I am sure to be delighted!!! 


Anyway back to my card, I had a snippet of patterned paper with various santa heads and I thought I'd highlight some of them with little santa hats cut cut with this Gummiapan Santa hat die.  I cut them from deep red, and again in white, snipped off the brim and the pom pom and added them to the red hats - the dies  make this easy for you with only a few places you need to snip!


I chose an area of the DP that had some suitable Santa heads and cut it down to size (with a stitched rectangle die) so that those santas were centred.  I added the santa hats, matted the panel and added it to a partially embossed background panel for interest with a simple Merry Christmas sentiment!   As it sat there, it occurred to me that the little round santa heads resembled the letter "O" and as there were three of them, I die cut some "H"s and spelt out santa's favourite catch phrase - "HO HO HO"!


I'd like to enter the following challenges


Inkspirational Challenge #291 - Seasonal



Snippets Playground Challenge #456 Snippet of DP with Santas;


NBUS Challenge #51 - The hat and embossing folder were both NBUS;


Peace on Earth Challenge #41 - Anything Christmas Goes.


 Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

6 comments:

  1. So very creative and cute, fun way to do the hohoho!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous Christmas card using your Gummiapan freebie. They are a great company.
    Thanks for submitting your homework to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Come and join me for cooling refreshments at the picnic tables x

    ReplyDelete

  3. What a super Christmas card Kate! I love how you used the Gummiapan freebie on that lovely backing paper. Like you, I really love Gummiapan dies - not enough to indulge in their Advent Calendar. Although, I don't know if you're aware that not long after Christmas some online German craft stores have massive reductions on them - I know, not quite the same as a daily surprise. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just SO adorable Kate! love the hats on the Santa's and so clever to see them as O's! Love the subtle embossing behind your panel as well! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Seasonal Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello, teamie!!! Your Santa faces are cute and charming! Makes for a fun Christmas card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!