Tuesday 10 January 2023

Snow Flurries and a Scandi Foal

Challenge #131 is about to go live at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and here is my DT card!  As always, my team mates will have some beautiful Christmas projects waiting to inspire you so be sure to pop over and check them out!   We love to see your beautiful creations in the gallery and you'll be so proud of yourself when you have all your cards done well in advance of Christmas 2023.  December will be more relaxed and you'll have more time to spend with your loved ones!


I had already cut a few of these frames before I left for my trip to Australia - so it was just a matter of stamping a background, a sentiment and making up the little foal!   I made a similar one for my great-nephew in Australia a few months ago and he was totally entranced by it when I handed it to him on my trip to Australia!  I had never seen a 4-year old react like this to a handmade card, in fact I have never seen anyone react like this to a handmade card!  It had accents of gold and he kept playing with it, watching the gold accents on the card catch the light!  He insisted on taking it to the playground and to daycare to show all his friends!  For this one I chose a simple pink and purple colour scheme and stamped this gorgeous snowflake flurry (Artemio) and the sentiment (WMS Compliments of the Season) in picked raspberry with dusty concord on the outer edges - dead easy with a stamping platform.  In fact, I made up quite a few backgrounds while I had the stamping platform loaded!  I backed the foal (Charlie & Paulchen Skandi Pferdchen) with a little card stock I'd coloured with dusty concord so it coordinated with the stamping.  I stacked him up three times and mounted with some foam tape so he stands out from the flurry background.  Stacking multiple die cuts makes such a difference to the finish of a card.

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges
Crafty Animals : Anything Goes With an Animal
Peace on Earth Challenge #31 : Anthing Christmas Goes

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments always brighten my day!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

8 comments:

  1. Creatively beautiful!!
    hank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kate, love the little foal with all his layers and the swirl at his back, gorgeous. It is lovely how some react to a handmade card, I'm lucky that my great grandson, Hadley loves his cards and has them in a glass style case in his room, like a terrarium..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Scandi horse dies! You made beautiful use of it with that lovely snowflake background! Thank you so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card Kate..that little foal is gorgeous. Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card and what a lovely reaction from your great Nephew. That is what makes giving handmade cards so rewarding. New to your blog. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that die cut, it is on my wishlist. The colors in your stamped sentiment and snowflakes are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! The sentiment font is striking

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!