Wednesday 18 January 2023

Welcoming Elephant


I almost forgot I had this Rayher elephant!  Normally I catalogue all the crafting goodies I buy, but this one was an impulse physical purchase not an online one, and the little bag it was in was overlooked until a recent tidy up.  "There's something in this little bag, I wonder what it is?  OOO lovely, forgot I'd bought that!" was roughly how the discovery went!  

I cut him and the balloon from some spotted packing paper that came with a recent order!  I can't remember which order it came with as I was rather good to myself over the pre-Christmas period but it was too lovely to throw out!!!  I stacked him up with a little of the matching turquoise card stock I used for the card base and the string.  You can see I've popped his ear open with a little foam tape for dimension!  The balloon (also from the set) was coated with two coats of glossy accents to give it more of a balloon-y appearance!

The Lisa Horton Padded Quilt Embossing Folder was gifted to me by my son for my birthday but he never got around to sending it back in October and with my lengthy stay in Australia, decided to bring it with him when he visited us post Christmas!

Inkspirational Challenge #281 has the following prompt which inspired me to create this Welcome Baby card with my new stash!


The current Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge  and Daring Cardmakers Challenge have also asked us to show them our new crafty stuff so I'll be entering those challenges as well!

I'd also like to enter the current Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge to show off my new Embossing Folder there!  I even get to play with the twist as well because of the dots on patterned paper!

I'd also like to enter the Crafty Animals Challenge #68 - Anthing with an Animal!

And finally I'd like to enter the amazing NBUS Challenge #46 - the challenge I go to when I want to see all the new crafty supplies I simply must have!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments always brighten my day!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

9 comments:

  1. Adorably cute baby card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure and The Sisterhood!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner and TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on using NBUS - this is a great design and love the use of the LH Embossing folder for a baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute Kate, the little elephant is adorable and you've used one of my favourite embossing folders. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilted embossed background - perfect for a baby card - and the elephant is just so sweet! What a lovely lost find in your craft room! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hidden treasure ;-)! The cute elephant is perfect for baby cards. Thanks for sharing your creation with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWE ... what a sweet baby card and I LOVE that Lisa Horton folder! Great job ... what fun! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us over on our CYHTP embossing challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that sweet elephant and QUILTED embossing (swoon!). Thank you for joining us at INk~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one super adorable baby elephant and so perfect for a new little one. I love the emboss folder you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card and I love the quilted background. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!