Time Out Challenge #320 has just gone live and this fortnight we have a
Photo Inspiration Challenge
I snapped this photo last year when I toured Europe with my sister. It was taken inside the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona and this photo does not do it justice! It was a humbling experience to be inside such a work of art and I have to admit the beauty and majesty of the Sagrada Familia knocked the air right out of my lungs when I first saw it - I think I may even have shed a tear! This is just one of dozens of arched windows, all slightly different and all designed to transform the incoming light into a kaleidoscope of colour on those interior columns and carefully placed so that the pattern changes with the morning and evening sun as well as the seasons! I visited a few of the residences in Barcelona that he designed as well - Gaudi was a genius and like so many geniuses was largely unappreciated in his own time! Fortunately there were enough people who did appreciate his genius and there are still examples of his genius dotted around Barcelona today!
Here's a closer look!
Challenge 320 is being sponsored by Top Flight Stamps and they are very kindly offering our top pick as chosen by the design team a $25 store credit!

The Top Pick will also be invited to join Time Out as a guest designer in a future challenge! Speaking of guest designers, our guest this fortnight is Jane Taylor of Purple Jet our winner from Challenge #315. Be sure to check out Jane's Instagram Account if you haven't visited her previously. You can also see how my talented team mates were inspired on the Time Out Blog!
You may be inspired by the architecture, the colours or the shapes. Please explain how you were inspired - especially if it isn't obvious! You can enter as many times as you like but please limit your other challenges entered to 4 (5 including ours)! I hope you can take some Time Out and join us this fortnight - you have until the July 22nd to link up your entries ... can't wait to see your creations in the gallery!
Normally I would have looked to my pile of NBUS items for inspiration but how could I pass on the opportunity to use this lovely window die (Poppystamps Arched Gothic Cathedral Window) again - I mean it's perfect isn't it!
For the "stained glass", I searched through my copious papers but I couldn't get the ombre look I wanted so I visited the digital site PNGWING and found this image which I loaded into Word and reoriented (so that the warmer reds were on the bottom and the cooler blues on the top) and resized to fit behind the window.
I cut the aperture from the card panel, placed the "stained glass" behind this, then added the die cut back into the aperture. I stacked another of the background windows (there are 2 dies in the set) then added the finer silver die cut to the top.
I decided to go with a Christmas sentiment (Spellbinders Handmade Sentiments) and augment my Christmas card stash - after all we're over half way through the year now!
I am grateful for and would like to enter the following challenges
Christmas Cards All Year Round August Challenge - "P is for Peace" (which is what I felt inside the "Q is for quiet" Sagrada Familia);
52 Christmas Card August Challenge - No Snow;
The Outlawz August Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas goes;
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #209 - Anything Christmas Goes!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired! Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated! And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you !!!