Thursday 15 September 2022

Hey Now, You're a Rockstar


 Get your game on, go play!

I have the honor to be guest designing for the Dream Factory/Traumfabrik challenge this month. Each month we are given a movie title as a prompt to inspire us to create something - and the movie this month is Stardust. 



I haven't seen this movie but it looks interesting and it has a "stellar" cast so it should be good (Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Henry Cavill, David Walliams and Ricky Gervais to name a few).  Here is the Official Trailer  on YouTube.  Of course you don't have to watch the movie or even the trailer!  You might be inspired by the movie title, the movie poster or any of these key words - Witches, fairies, wizards, fantasy, stars and a Halloween theme is also welcome!

My project is based on the key word "Star".  A good friend of mine had his birthday recently and I wanted to make him a guitar based card - he's a brilliant blues guitarist!  I used this unbranded die to create an electric guitar which resembled his guitar as closely as possible.  Using WordArt in MS Word, I printed his name on kraft card so that it resembled the Fender trademark.  A little distressing to darken the neck and a few highlights with a white Posco pen et voila!

I stamped these half-tone stars  (Waltzing Mouse Stamps Kaboom) in various distress colours to create a backdrop for the guitar!  I knew I wanted to use this "rockstar" sentiment from a very old Inkadinkadoo set, because he is!  As well as being a brilliant guitarist, he also sets up our mikes, handles the sound check and puts everything away afterwards!   He also set up the sound system and played at my son's 18th birthday party!  I double stamped the Rockstar (using the stamping platform) in versafine to make sure it was bold and clear!

I hope you are inspired by this month's movie and hope to see your "Stardust" inspired creations in the Gallery soon!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you and perhaps we can get better acquainted!  

Kate

3 comments:

  1. What a fab card Kate! Love the image and your layout hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kate, for this awesome birthday card and the wonderful poste you wrote about our new Dream Factory challenge! It's my great pleasure to have you as a guest designer on the team this month!! Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great die cut. My son would love this. He recently started playing guitar in a band. I can't wait to hear them play.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!