Monday 26 September 2022

Hello Beautiful

 


Just over 2 weeks to go till I travel down under and catch up with family members and I've just fnished this card is for one of my sisters-in-law.  

A while back I found some rolls of coloured aluminium hidden away on the bottom shelf at a craft shop.  This pink one is a perfect match for the pink highlights in this lovely DP -  I love surprise finds like this!   I cut a track in the background panel to make a path for a spinning butterfly.  The aluminium is rather soft so I cut a second butterfly from cardstock to make it more stable!

At the current As You Like it Challenge, we're asked to use our favourite metallic or glitter and to explain why it's our favourite.  Well I love a bit of glitter, but I have found several glitter card stocks difficult to cut with etched dies.  This aluminium cuts like butter, even if I apply double sided tape to the back of it.

At the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, we are challenged to decorate the envelope.  I used this very old rubber mounted butterfly stamp to decorate the envelope.   I also created a notelet for the inside stamped with the same image - it must be lovely to get a pretty envelope in the post!

I would also like to enter the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge for September.

Here's a short video of the butterfly in action


I'm thrilled you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you and perhaps we can get better acquainted!  

Kate

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Kate it's really beautiful hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and I love the papers and the shine of the sentiment and butterfly,,
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kate, I love how the butterfly spins.
    (Have fun with your new embossing folder when it comes. It’s a 3D e/f so you will need to change the sandwich in your machine. I have a Big Shot and the sandwich is the platform with all the flap down as if you’re going to die cut, the embossing folder + card on top, then just one cutting plate right on the top. Hope this helps. )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate! I found you! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and the lovely comment about that old card you found on Pinterest! I really need to remember it as a fabulous source of inspiration!
    Speaking of - I adore butterflies and making one move so gracefully across your 'garden' card is spectacular! We have 5 Monarch chrysalis in our box left to bloom - even brought them in the house last night as the weathermen were warning of a frost!
    Thanks again.. x
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!