Friday 21 May 2021

Twofer Cupcakes

 When I first saw the Marianne D cupcake set, the rounded top reminded me of an old-fashioned parasol, so when Twofer Challenge #38 announced a theme of cake/cupcake you'd think I'd have been one of the first to enter instead of chasing the deadline - such has been my week(s)!  

It's all good, I've just been busily making cards to raise money to protect the children and staff at the orphanage in Tanzania - the Ilula Orphan Project.  I've just had two orders come in but I'm determined to finish these cupcake cards first!

The first is a traditional cupcake.  While searching for some bling, I found this little bejewelled sunflower which complemented the icing perfectly so I stuck it on.  I've also "glazed" the icing and candle with some glossy accents.  I chopped off the die-cut wick from the candle because I always think a little real string makes for a more realistic wick.   The sentiment is from Verve Cupcakes.

The second card uses the cupcake top as a windswept parasol in a spinner card.  After umming and aahhing for a while, I went with this sentiment from the WPlus9 Pretty Patches Umbrella set.

Here's a little video of the card in action - honestly I could play with these spinner cards all day!   


I'm also entering the following challenges

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Dies and/or Punches

Anything Goes with Dies May Challenge

Papercraft Challenge #70 - Anything Goes

Paper Players Challenge PP541 - CAS and Polka Dots

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

7 comments:

  1. Love the cute cupcake and polka dot background! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both amazing polka dot delights, Kate! I love your classic cupcake birthday card! The colors, the jeweled sunflower, the doily, and the real string wick makes this a card that someone will cherish! And your spinner design is a card that someone will keep on hand to play with again and again! Thank you for the video; I think I watched it a dozen times because it's so fun and so clever! The sediment you chose is perfect! Thank you for playing in TCC #38! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cupcake card and I love the pretty polka dots! Thank you so much for playing along with my CAS polka dot challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards. I love how the cute little parasol spins. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely pair of cards! Very elegant looking and I love that you have used a realy candle ;o) Thank you for joining us this month for our "Anything Goes theme at Papercraft Challenges. Have a great day and happy crafting ;o) Maike

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards Kate, I love your creative use of one and the same die! thanks for playing along with our anything goes theme on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great twofer and love the spinning! Thanks so much for playing along with the HLS die challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!