Tuesday 4 May 2021

Ruff from

 


This is a card from a four-legged friend for her master's birthday!   The white card stock was embossed with a Darice Embossing Folder.  The Happy Birthday came from a Sizzix Thinlits set (Female Occasions).  I used the negative and added a piece of acetate behind so I could stick in the little bits from the As, Ps, B and D (I can't stand negatively die cut letters without the little bits reinserted) - I wasn't sure those little pieces would stick well to the uneven surface of the embossed background!

The bone is included in a Marianne D die set (Scotty Dog),  The Scotty dog itself did not resemble "Misty-No" at all so did not get used.

She asked me to sign the inside for her 😉


This card will be bounding over to the following challenges

Timeout Challenge #186 - Pets

Seize the Birthday Challenge #213 - Furry Friends

Paper Players Challenge #539  - Puppy Dog Tails


NBUS Challenge #26 - the Darice Embossing Folder was NBUS despite being bought years ago!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

6 comments:

  1. How fun -- I love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh clever. I love the idea of the birthday card being from the actual dog. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! So fun that the card is from the dog! Love that embossing folder and that you even have the dog's signature on the inside. ;) Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players and Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Love the texture (must find that ef!!) and I'm with you on adding the bits back to the letters, we always include our pets names in our signatures on cards to our family so this card would be such a hit! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate your card us fabulous - love that even the dog has a card for her master lol! Great embossing plate too. Thanks for playing along with my 'Cards for Boys' challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!