Wednesday 19 September 2018

The Right Shoes


I just saw a fun challenge over at Double D Challenges - If the Shoes Fits.  

I've had the idea for this card in my head since buying this Marianne D Ballet Slippers Die early this year, so this challenge gave me the perfect excuse to make it up.

I came across the quote on the internet and made it up using WordArt in the Word Processor.  I'm not sure to whom it should be attributed.  I believe Marilyn Monroe said something similar as did Bette Midler.  In any case I think it's even more appropriate for Ballet Shoes - the dedication and drive needed for ballet will definitely help a young girl conquer the world!

My husband's niece is a principal dancer with the Australian Ballet and I have watched her determination to excel in ballet with awe for over 2 decades.  When she gained entry to the prestigious Australian Ballet School, when she was given a position in the chorus, then a solo role and more recently when she has danced the principal role.  She has danced danced all over the world - Paris, London, New York, Japan, San Francisco and Los Angeles and we're extremely proud of her!  

Here's a photo of her taken recently in a principal role - gorgeous isn't she.  




Supplies : Marianne D Ballet Slippers, Spellbinders Doily Accents (Border lace), Marianne D Ballerina 2 (used to create a funky foam stamp used on envelope).

Thanks for stopping by - especially if you take the time to leave some feedback.  I can't tell you how much your kind words brighten my day!

Kate

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and a beautiful dancer as well...what a wonderful tribute and card for her, it is gorgeous!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG yes your family ballerina is BEAUTIFUL and so is this card creation! Congratulations to her for being so successful .. I personally know how much dedication it takes! My sister & I took dancing for 13 years as children (tap & ballet) and even performed together again as adults! But we were both better at tap ... I never could get the hang of ballet but LOVE watching it! So glad our challenge inspired you to get this card out of your head and onto paper ... it's fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘If the Shoe Fits’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed crafting for our current challenge theme, "IF THE SHOE FITS" Challenge. Your card is fabulous and love the super design and colours. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw. ♥ DOUBLE D ♥
     [aNNie DT member for Double D Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  4. hI Kate, on a personal note, I love your card, your die and your papers...Following you now, maybe you may like to pop over as well.xxx[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just now saw your card on our Double D challenge and had to come take a closer look. I'm so glad I did as I find it so beautiful. I've always loved that quote, too. Your niece-in-law is absolutely gorgeous and very accomplished. A stunning photo. Thanks so much for playing along in our "If the Shoe Fits" challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card. It is a beautiful desing and I love the quote. Your niece must have incredible passion and determination to have achieved the principal role. A ballet dancers life is a lot of hard work.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!