Thursday, 23 July 2026

Mother Nature

A new challenge has just gone live at Time Out Challenges and this Inspired By challenge celebrates Mother Nature


We want you to create a project inspired by:

The Environment: Mountains, oceans, forests, weather, and ecosystems.

Living Things: Plants, animals.

Nature Itself: Features and processes that exist independently of human creation.

We can't wait to see how Mother Nature inspires you! 


Challenge #318 is generously being sponsored by Lawn Fawn and they are offering our Top Pick as chosen by the design teams a $25 credit to their store!


The Top Pick will also be invited to join Time Out as a guest designer in a future challenge!  We don't have a Guest Designer this fortnight but make sure you check out the Time Out Blog to see how my talented team mates were inspired by Mother Nature over on the Time Out Blog!

I had to think really hard about this one!  What do I most admire about Mother Nature, what do I love about Mother Nature, what colours does Mother Nature inspire me to use ...

The hexagon shape is something that has always fascinated me!  It has the ability to perfectly tessellate - covering a surface completely without gaps and using minimal material.  This makes it incredibly efficient in nature and a popular choice for organisms that prioritise structure and strength!  It doesn't look like it could occur naturally yet does!




Flowers are also one of my favourite things about nature so today I have used the hexagonal Floral Mini Tiles (Spellbinders) and cut flowers from snippets of pastel colours of the rainbow (something else I love about Mother Nature) - pink, peach, lemon, mint, sky, mauve with a touch of gold for some elegance and laid them on tiles of forest green in a six "petal" arrangement.

I couldn't resist adding this "Mother" sentiment (Sizzix Thinlets Female Occasions) to my tribute to Mother Nature to the centre which just fitted in the centre!  

I am grateful for and would like to enter the following challenges :

Snippets Challenge #537 - see below for photos of snippets used;
Word Power July Challenge - sentiment as focal point;
Ellibelle's Garden Party #17 - Anything in or from a garden;
A Cut Above 2 Year Anniversary Challenge - Anything goes with a die cut!

I hope you can take some Time Out this fortnight and show us how you are inspired by Mother Nature - you have until August 5th to link up your entries ... can't wait to see your creations in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!   Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!   And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and should be able to find you!


Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !!!