Thursday 10 October 2024

Café Americano


 Challenge #270 at Time Out has just gone live and this fortnight it's an Inspiration Photo Challenge!


Here's a closeup


Our generous sponsor Newton's Nook is offering a $25 store credit to our Time Out Winner as chosen by the Design Team!  And the winner will be offered a guest design spot with us in a future challenge!   



Our Top Pick will also be invited to be our guest in a future challenge so I hope you will take some Time Out of your busy schedule and come play cards with us! 

Speaking of Top Picks, we are delighted to welcome Heidi Kunkel of Heidi's Creative Side (our Top Pick of Challenge #269) as our guest this fortnight!  If you haven't already done so, please drop by and see what Heidi has made just for our challenge ... and let her know how much you love it!

Our very own Nonni snapped this photo on her visit to New York last year.   There's quite a lot in this pic to inspire - the blackboard, the traffic, the city block ... and of course the mention of coffee!  I can't wait to see what captures your imagination!

I was inspired to break out a spanking new stamp set - Mid Mod City by Claire Brennan Designs - that I picked up on my recent trip to visit my son in Scotland!  Many of you probably remember the brilliant Claire Brennan from Waltzing Mouse Stamps.

I was also inspired to break out another NBUS item - the Colorise Café set by Tim Holtz ... finally!  I'm embarrassed to say that I just had to have this set two years ago and have only now got around to using it!  It did take a bit of working out how to assemble it but fortunately Youtube was very obliging and it came together quite quickly once I found snippets of four suitable pink shades of card stock.  I think it looks right at home with the futuristic retro look of the Mid Mod City block and I can just imagine sipping coffee from this gorgeous pink cup while contemplating the big city before my eyes!

There are some fabulous sentiments that came with the Mid Mod City set but I went with this "anything is possible" sentiment from Verve Coffee and the matching "Coffee" die - the vibe of this stamp set seemed to suggest anything is possible!

I'd like to enter these fab challenges


Snippets Playground Challenge #490 - Here are the snippets (left over bits from cutting card bases);

Double D Challenges - To Spook or Not (I've opted for the Breast Cancer Awareness option);


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and should be able to find you!


Kate

6 comments:

  1. Super card Kate, I love the colour combination.
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Kate! I love the retro look - and that TH die set is a real keeper!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous coffee card with that super background.
    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your card, Kate! That pink cup is fabulous and such a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so true!! I need more coffee! Great design of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There has never been a truer statement! lol We get some great coffee in Key West, their motto is 'do stupid things faster' lol This is a beautiful card in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Perfectly Pink! Great images! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, To Spook Or Not or Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!