Saturday 21 September 2024

Sheriff Shindig

 

Many years ago I bought two sets from Waltzing Mouse Stamps that I never got around to using - Way out West and Sheriff.   I also bought this Elizabeth Crafts Props 6 Cowboy Accessories a long time ago that has likewise languished.   All three sets came in handy this week when I needed a card for a big country music fan.  The card happens to be for our parish priest and I'm hoping the sheriff badge will make him chuckle.

It needed to be a big card since many people will probably want to sign it.  This card measures 13cm x 18cm (5x7) - and I don't find it easy to fill that much space!  

I knew I wanted to make a spinner card so I cut a track in the top half of the panel.  Next I used the Tim Holtz Lumber Texture Fades 3-D Embossing Folder to emboss roughly the top half of the panel.   I then stamped this text border from Way Out West along the bottom.  I used various DIs (Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Pumpkin, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Gathered Twigs) to add some colour to the panel.  To bridge the gap between the embossing and the stamping,  I created a little scene with two more of the borders from the Way Out West set on a separate piece of white card stock, tore the top and bottom edges, blended a little Broken China DI for the sky and placed it over this empty area.   I then added the hat, bandana and boots from the Elizabeth Crafts set.

I cut three badges using the cut files that came with the Waltzing Mouse Sheriff set, stamped onto one of them and used the other two for stacking since it was going to be a spinner element. Here is a video of the Sheriff badge in motion.  In hindsight, perhaps the 3D embossing folder wasn't such a great idea as it definitely impedes the smooth running of the spinner element but I love the effect of the woodgrain!

 And here is a photo of the computer generated sentiment on the inside.

I'd like to enter these fab challenges

Get Creative Challenge #135 Inspired by a Book - True Grit by Charles Portis;
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background;
Cards 4 Guyz Challenge #358 - Embossing wet or dry;
Alphabet Challenge Blog - M is for Masculine;
Cut it Up Challenge #313 has a theme of Colours of Autumn/Fall;
Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist of Fall Colours;
Papercraft Challenge #110 - Fabulous Fall;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and should be able to find you!


Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !!!