Sunday 1 September 2024

Focus on the Sentiment

 

The Sparkles Christmas Challenge #163 has just gone live and the theme this month is

Sentiment as the Focus

I used this sentiment die (LDRS Christmas Wishes) as the focus for this card.  I lined up the sentiment die on this tartan panel (I used a tartan because I wanted something with a definite pattern).  I then stacked the die cut so it would be more stable and layered it on a gold mirror card shadow.  Then I covered the hole left from die cutting the sentiment in step 1, carefully lining up the pattern.  I tried adding a few small die cut Christmas around the sentiment but wasn't happy with any of them and ended up only adding these small golden dots left over from a previous project.

I'd like to enter these fab challenges

Allsorts Challenge Week 796 - Getting Sentimental;
Merry Little Christmas #57 - Anything Christmas Goes;
Peace on Earth Challenge #71 - Anything Christmas Goes;
Outlaws Festive Friday Challenge 2 - Anything Christmas Goes;
Kraft Chicks Challenge #731 - Week 5 Anything Goes;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous festive card that tartan paper is perfect so is the gorgeous sentiment
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really luxurious looking Christmas card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge and adding a sentiment.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and excellent colors love this and a great design xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous plaid Christmas card, Kate! And, the sentiment with the gold is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, I love how you've used the tartan paper for the sentiment and lined it up with the background. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate I have just popped back to thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and classic Christmas card which are my FAVORITE! Can never go wrong with Tartan and the gold is lovely against it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate, I'm loving your card. That sentiment looks fantastic on the tartan background paper. Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!