Tuesday 8 August 2023

Branching Out


Time for a new challenge at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and time to add another Christmas card to my stash.

This one was a lot of work - I lost count of how many branches (Tim Holtz Winter Foliage) I cut in the end!  But I was quite happy how it turned out.  I added little glass beads in random spots to represent ornaments in the tree and added a shooting star (Love2Craft Sky Elements).  I had a snippet of this blue holographic paper on my desk from the peacock I made last week.  In keeping with this serene scene, I stamped this "Peace" sentiment (Uniko Simply Said Blocks Christmas) in Deep Lagoon Versafine (the stamp is a reverse stamp) on white and coated it with glossy accents to keep up with the shine from the glass ornaments and the holographic paper.  The background embossing folder is from Craft Sensations.  

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges

The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge #103 - Playing with optional twist of Stars (well Star anyway);

Pixies' Snippets Challenge #460 - I used several snippets of white for the branches and a small snippet of the holographic for the shooting star;

Merry Little Christmas Challenge #51 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Peace on Earth Challenge #45 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

9 comments:

  1. Stunning Christmas card with lots of snippets.
    Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. I'll see you on the swings shortly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love how you created your card. Thanks for sharing this amazing card with us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog. Annie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Kate - what a gorgeous card! It's breathtaking - daren't think how long it took to make! I love it!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely AWESOME!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This is stunning!!!! Love Love Love!!! Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super stunning tree you created with this great punch. Love the colors on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love all the die cut branches creating that gorgeous tree! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love all those die cut branches creating the gorgeous tree! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow 🤩👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!