Tuesday 22 August 2023

Sing Joy to the World


Time for a new challenge at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and time to add another Christmas card to my stash.  If like me you're struggling to find Christmas Mojo in July,  you might like to check out the challenge and see what inspiration my lovely team mates have come up with!   And do please take time to leave them some comment love if you can - we all like to know our efforts are appreciated!

I placed an order with a UK company last month that stocks The Greetery and this"Noted" die set and co-ordinating "Sing a Song of Christmas" stamp set were in that order (along with loads of other lovely goodies I just couldnt resist).   My plan is to try and mock up some other song lyrics using WordArt in MS Word so I can use the stave die for lots of occasions!  I really like how the song title nestles under the stave and wanted to make a Christmas card for my choir director that incorporated the stave, a suitable Carol from the "Sing a Song of Christmas" stamp set and a nativity scene!  The idea was sound, just the over-complicated execution left a bit to be desired!

The rustic log frame (PTI Mix and Match Plaid) was a questionable choice with a scene from Bethlehem!
If I'd gone with a white card base, I might have got away with that PTI frame!
That vellum overlay just caused more trouble than it was worth - but if you're going to use a frame to hide the adhesive needed to attach vellum, at least choose a frame with a decent width to add adhesive to!

 O well we learn more from our mistakes than from our successes (says she through gritted teeth) and I'm sure my choir director will appreciate the love and effort that went into it anyway!

At least the gilding wax at least is growing on me (though I did look like a Bond villain for a bit there)!  In particular, the word "joy" (Greetery Bold Alphabet) really came alive with the addition of gilding wax. 

Challenges I'd like to enter are
Peace on Earth Challenge #46 - Anything Christmas Goes;
Make My Monday Challenge - 3 letters in the word joy;
Use Your Stuff Challenge #491 - the gilding wax added a touch of Vintage.


Thanks for stopping by!  Your visits and comments (especially any constructive criticism) are always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

11 comments:

  1. Lovely, Kate, and such a pretty take on our challenge! That gold really leaps off the screen! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it - 3 letter word - Joy!! This is such a fun card that you've created shariing with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant - love the image and the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, great design for our challenge.… Many thanks for entering and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
    [aNNie proud Designer for Peace on Earth Christmas challenges
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Thank you for sharing at MMMChallenge blog.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely traditional Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Nativity scene and great die cut of "joy" placed on the music die cut. Thanks for joining us at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing Christmas card. Love that stave and how the sentiment fits so perfectly below it. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the vintage twist. Thanks for sharig with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!