Friday 22 February 2019

Nautical Birthday


A card for my hubby's birthday - he loves anything to do with the sea!  I had some woodgrain papers in my stash and I thought they would enhance the nautical experience.  I particularly liked the idea of a polished wooden ship's wheel so I added glossy accents as well.  I liked it so much I decided to do the same for the sentiment.  

The shell was an afterthought - it's not like I had to put this card in the post!

Challenge #90 at Make My Monday is "Make it Krafty" and I've used Kraft card for the base and for the fishing net.



This week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is "No Stamping".



Seize the Birthday has an "Anything Goes Challenge" this fortnight.



Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment.  Your kind words will make my day!!!

Kate

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of the kraft card as a base and the fishing net, your greeting and ships wheel really shine, thank you for joining in at MMM with this fantastic card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative project with kraft card stock. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool nautical themed card. I’m sure your hubby loved it!! My Dad is a commercial fisherman so I have a soft spot for anything nautical. 😊. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon ~
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!