Thursday 6 December 2018

Winter Deer


Christmas 2018 is coming up so fast and I don't really have time to blog as well as create, but I thought I'd make an exception for this card as it fits with the current theme of my favourite challenges  Double D Challenges - Run Run Rudolph.  Here's the photo inspiration! 


I softened the background by overlaying vellum on white card stock.  To really make the Birch Trees stand out I double layered them.  For "stretchy" die cuts like these I find that makes them more stable. 

Die and Stamps : Impression Obsession Birch Trees (also includes the bird), Tim Holtz Deer (Movers and Shapers), Simon Says Stamp Wavy Scallop Stitches
WMS Flurries (sentiment)

Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave an encouraging comment or just click the "Like" Reaction!

Kate

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kate this is just awesome and I'm so glad you are enjoying our challenges! I love the scene you have created and that little red cardinal really POPS! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Run Run Rudolph’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created winter scene, and love the soft look of the vellum! Thank you for joining our challenge and for the nice words!!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely. I really like the white with just a touch of black and red. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Kate! love the deer and the clever touch of red too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!