Monday 27 April 2015

Gingham Cottage


I started this paper-pieced cottage last month but only just got around to finishing it off today - specifically the envelope and lining.  This pretty image from WMS Sewing Box Hugs lends itself so well to paper piecing and I had been meaning to try this for some time.  I used one of the Spellbinders Postage Stamps Square dies to cut a mat - I always think it has that fabric swatch look which complements the theme sew very nicely.  I used a fine liner to "stitch" around the outside of the gingham because my sewing machine needs repairs.  I placed a sheet of plaid DP on the inside and added some little buttons down the left side.  These were cut with the smallest of the PTI Bitty Buttons Stack dies.  I glossed them up a little for some added shine.



Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. What a cute design Kate.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is thoroughly perfect for a paper-pieced home card, Kate! As of now you are at the top of my Favorite Card Inners of 2015 award! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!