Wednesday 17 December 2014

Some Late Presents and Sad News


I know Christmas comes at the same time each year but for some reason it always catches me unawares.  Three craft fairs and a nasty bug which did the rounds of the family, eventually getting me too, have really undone me this year.  

These presents should have been in the post two weeks ago so I am not holding much hope for them arriving before Christmas.  Someone suggested that I shop on Amazon - as if someone at Amazon would put the love into wrapping and tagging these gifts that I do.  Christmas isn't just about spending money on someone is it (which is just as well 'cos we're pretty broke this Christmas), it's about showing that you care.  And I hope these presents show that, even if they're late.  Anyway Christmas is a season not a day !!!



The sad news is that the Waltzing Mouse Fanatics Challenge is closing.  There is a prize for their last challenge so head on over for their  last challenge which is Anything Goes as long as you use WMS products.  I'm entering these gift tags which I made to match the purple paper I used to wrap these presents.


I made double tags using the larger two WMS Stitched Tag Dies.  I got this idea from Claire Brennan, of Waltzing Mouse Stamps.  I stamped the upper tag with the smallest of the WMS Gingham and Co gingham backgrounds because there was gingham in the paper, and topped it with a Tim Holtz Mini Deer.  The Base Tag I stamped with sentiments from WMS Ornate Ornaments.  I used Dusty Concord Distress Ink for the gingham and the sentiment. I have all these pretty papers but it's often easier to make my own backgrounds and not have to worry about matching ink colours.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate







4 comments:

  1. Quote: "Anyway Christmas is a season not a day!!!" I love that! I am going to start saying that to everyone around me, because I am SO not ready for Dec. 25th! Great tags, awesome coordinating of colours and stamps. Sorry to hear about the challenge ending, but will look for you with the PJ Parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame the challenge blog is closing, love the tags. Beautifully wrapped gifts, and I agree with you, soooo much nicer with the personal touch than if you shopped at Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your double tags, they are a great idea from Claire, using the faux stitched tag dies. the gingham background is perfect. Thank you for joining in with the last ever Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge.
    Kathy C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your tags are just lovely and match the paper perfectly. Love the gorgeous purple deer!!


    Thank you so much for playing along with our last Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge. I'm so sorry for the very late comment - Christmas, New Year and illness all intervened!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!