Saturday 4 October 2014

Splash of Pink




Just home from the Think Pink evening.  It was a great evening and my Pink Christmas bundle went for a really good price at auction, so I'm chuffed.  These are some of the other pink cards I made for general sale.

A Ray of Sunshine.  The sun was cut with a Spellbinders inverted circle.  The clouds were sit from Memory Box Marshmallow Cloud and clear embossed with the WMS Cabin Plaid Backgrounder.  The cloud stamp on the envelope is from My Stamp Box.  The sentiment was computer generated.


Pink Dandelion.  Firstly I created a bunch of alcohol inked backgrounds using Shell Pink, Salmon, Lemonade, Sandal and Pearl Ranger alcohol inks.  They looked amazing but I could't capture it in a photo - looked a little like a pink tortoise shell.   The Dandelions were cut using a Kesi'art set of dies.  I embossed them with a couple of coats of pink embossing powder.  They proved very difficult to adhere, but I managed with the aid of some Glossy Accents, some paper weights and a grass border punch.  The large butterfly die was a freebie as was the stamp on the envelope.



An Apple for the #1 Teacher.  This was based on 2 cards I made for Simon's therapists and teachers last July.  The tags were cut using the large WMS Stitched Tag and then dry embossed with a M-Bossabilities Numbers and Letters folder.  The # and 1 are from a PTI numbers set.  Teacher is a Clearly Besotted die and the apple stamp is also from the Clearly Besotted and cut with the matching die.  I coated the finished apple with Royal Coat Dimensional Magic.


There were a few other designs but I didn't get around to photographing them before I handed them in.
I am entering the first card in the Shopping Our Stash challenge 171 : Sunshine on a Cloudy Day.  

I am entering all the cards in the current Make it Monday challenge to use die cuts and/or punches.

Thanks for stopping by - especially if you take the time to leave a comment,
Kate



5 comments:

  1. Love your Splash of Pink! An unexpected color with a cloud themed project! Thanks for taking the challenge this week here at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the pink (especially the sequins!!) Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for the "Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash for the sunshine on a cloudy day.challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought to use pink for a sky -- super idea! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great cards. Thank you for joining us at MMM.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!