Sunday 5 February 2023

Colouring is Cool


I am finally overcoming my fear of colouring - in fact I think I've done a pretty"cool" job on this one!  But that could have to with the image being coloured.  This is Sadie with Icecream from Mirtallamente - who  are sponsoring our challenge this month at 613 The Avenue Create.  

I've coloured her using alcohol markers.  Don't ask me what colours - I had a lot out on my work space by the end of this session!  I'm not sure I achieved the faded denim look I was going for with the dungarees -  I'm a little short on blues (note to myself, get some more)!

I had to jazz her up a little with some red accessories because the optional theme this month is "something red that is NOT a heart".  She looks so cool, I knew I wanted a pair of red sunnies to complete the look!  As I was applying some glossy accents to the glasses, I also added a touch to her earrings, scrunchie and bangle!

I framed her with an A2 sized frame set that I rarely use because I prefer the metric A6 size but I love the scalloped frame in this set.  I paired a sentiment from Clearly Besotted Super Cool) with a Word Balloon (Poppy Stamps) and was delighted that it fit perfectly!  I shadowed the sentiment speech bubble with a red one and popped it up on dimensional foam tape. 

The Word Balloon from Poppy Stamps was a present to myself before Christmas and is having it's first outing here so I'd like to enter the NBUS Challenge 47.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments always brighten my day!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card Kate, I love the cute image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cool and funny!!! And your coloring is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!