Sunday 4 July 2021

A Blue Lagoon


I've had a case of Mojo MIA this past week!  All my orders have been filled and no new ones have come in so I've hit the Challenges hoping to get some inspiration (and give Mr Mojo a kick up the backside).  Thankfully I did, though the design changed during the course of the construction - I was planning to create a scene for a little Vespa scooter I had made up but as I put it together, I realised this flamingo would be a much better fit!

The flamingo (Hobbycraft) was cut from pink card stock but I coloured the legs, eye and beak with a grey alcohol marker.  I also blended a darker pink on the outside edges for depth, before adding a few coats of glossy accents and glitter of course!

While that was drying, I cut 4 of these Monsterio Deliciosa leaves (Décotime).  I shaded them with Twisted Citron and Mowed Grass Distress Inks and lay them on the card.  Any bits I trimmed off, I added again to thicken the foliage.

The "sand" was left over from a previous project, to which I added some gold ink and Mustard Seed Glimmer Mist so it would really sparkle (I should have taken a photo outside when the sun was still shining)!

A piece of this gorgeous deep blue was lying on my work desk from a previous project and I loved it with the green leaves.  It really sparkles too!

For now, I'm not adding a sentiment as I'm not sure what I'll use it for, though I will probably add "fabulous" in hot pink across the top at some point in the future!  This flamingo is pretty fabulous don't ya think?

My main source of inspiration was from Shopping our Stash Challenge #448 which has the prompt "Tropical Delights".

The other source of inspiration came from Timeout Challenge #191 with the prompt "Movies" - my movie being the 1980 film The Blue Lagoon.  


I'm also entering the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge WWC319 with the prompt "All Things Feminine".


Also  the current Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and the current Simon Stays Stamp Wednesday Challenge both of which have Anything Goes themes!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

7 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, Kate. This flamingo looks stunning! I'd love to see the sand sparkling off your card, I'm sure it's amazing. A beautiful card, and I love the thicket of leaves that has created a truly exotic setting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Love your Flamingo! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look very tropical. Great work!
    Lia DT TSoC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun tropical card. That flamingo is a perfect focal point. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow what a fabulous creation! Your pink flamingo really pops against that beautiful background! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful Kate!! DOn't you love it when the bit you have around suddenly work for a project - almost like magic! Yet at other times you can't seem to work through the project!! This is super fun and cleverly designed. Your mojo mmust be up and running again!! :) :) Thanks so much for sharing at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An iconic move and I love the tropic feel this card has. Love flamingo's... Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!